Article: CJ E&M takes over Jay Park and Simon D's hip hop label AOMG
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+868, -14] CJ is going to milk this ㅋㅋㅋ They're going to be stuck on all of CJ's rap shows, probably even Superstar K ㅋㅋ
2. [+579, -22] Jay Park and Simon D know how to do business... they must've made bank off of this
3. [+514, -11] Mnet's going to make another show now
4. [+248, -22] Looks like CJ's going to hit daebak in the hip hop field too now
5. [+117, -6] Ehh?? Is this good??? I actually feel sad that they were eaten up by CJ ㅠㅠ now they can't do whatever they want but have to follow what CJ wants too..
6. [+104, -4] To put it more specifically, the CEO of AOMG is no longer Jay Park and Simon D but CJ ㅋㅋ but I'm sure Jay Park was paid extremely well for handing the company over. He's now just an artist associated under AOMG.
7. [+73, -2] I'd say it's more like they were absorbed under CJ and the CEOs went from CEO to artists under the agency.
8. [+69, -6] Why am I not happy about this..
1. [+84, -8] I guess Jay Park can't call himself a CEO anymore ㅋㅋㅋㅋ but he must've made a ton of money with Simon D off of this
2. [+62, -6] Wasn't this their original goal anyway?
3. [+43, -9] It honestly seems like a win win deal for both parties ㅋ
4. [+14, -0] This spells trouble for me, it's a complete monopoly. How does it make sense that a broadcast company is taking in celebrity agencies like this? Some things should be kept separated.
5. [+11, -0] Looks like we can finally see them on MAMA next year then. Hip hop is the trend now and AOMG is the most trendiest company. I always had a feeling that they weren't attending the biggest year-end ceremonies not by choice but because other companies were blocking them. Maybe Jay Park can fight back this time with this merger.
6. [+9, -0] CJ is just eating all of the companies up now that hip hop is more popular... HiLite Records and now AOMG...