Article: EXO has surpassed Seo Taiji... wins daesang for three consecutive years at Seoul Music Awards
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+649, -68] As if they've surpassed Seo Taiji... EXO couldn't even hold a candle to HOT's old fame either. These are people whose comebacks and concerts were announced on the 9 pm news circuits back when singers were seen as nothing but lowly entertainers.
2. [+617, -77] Honestly, music daesangs mean nothing nowadays ㅋㅋㅋ you win one as long as you have a lot of fans
3. [+601, -81] Surpass what? How dare you bring Seo Taiji into this
4. [+50, -9] If EXO disbands, do they even have one member who has the amount of influence as Seo Taiji does?
5. [+49, -11] Surpass Seo Taiji? ㅋㅋㅋ The man who was able to bring all of the runaway teens back home with one song? Go tell EXO to go back to the zoo and growl away ㅋㅋ
6. [+45, -9] EXO is not like Busker who created a song to be remembered for generations... they won based solely off of their agency's power with a song that can be heard from anyone else ㅋㅋㅋ and you dare compare them to Seo Taiji? ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+41, -11] They call themselves singers but they win based off of fandom power and not their musicality...
8. [+39, -8] What a joke ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I don't understand.. EXO??? Did they even promote in our country? Do they even have a good song??? What are the standards for picking them???? I don't hate or love them but what else do they have other than 'Growl'????? How are they winning daesang? And for consecutive years at that???????
9. [+36, -3] Shouldn't Big Bang have won this award? I don't remember a single EXO song other than 'Growl'
10. [+33, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Article: EXO wins daesang for third year in a row, 'writing a new page in history'
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+4,426, -1,217] Good job running as far as you have come, congratulations on the daesang EXO!
2. [+2,406, -546] Congratulations to EXO for winning daesang 3 years in a row and to the other singers as well
3. [+4,785, -1,357] Congratulations on your three awards today and for being the first singer to win daesang for 3 years in a row. You've suffered coming this far but as a fan it's been happy all along. Let's be happy with us fans in 2016 too, let's love EXO!!
4. [+3,132, -823] Congratulations
5. [+1,096, -191] The crowd went wild for them, I had to turn down my volume
6. [+1,018, -186] Thank you so much to the Seoul Music Awards for allowing EXO to write history by being the first daesang winners for 3 years ㅠㅠ so proud of EXO
7. [+937, -162] 3 consecutive years... amazing. Congratulations!
8. [+775, -109] Congratulations to EXO for going down in history ㅜㅜㅜ Let's make it 4 consecutive years
9. [+937, -164] So proud of EXO!!!! I love you ♡♡♡
10. [+809, -126] EXO congratulations on 3 consecutive years of daesangs~~~♥
1. [+128, -19] Might as well call it an SM Music Awards ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+116, -28] EXO ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can't believe a group of dancers are getting called 'legends' now...
3. [+75, -17] There's no country like Korea that has created an entire industry off of stealing money from little kids... There's nothing like forcing kids to break their parent's back to buy your albums~!
Article: EXO wins Hallyu Special Award, "Thank you to the EXO-L all over the world"
Source: TV Daily via Nate
1. [+362, -28] So they let the Hallyu special award winner go up to receive this award and yet the winner of a popularity award that fans had to pay to vote for wasn't even invited to the event. Yup, this awards ceremony has no prestige, just admit it. Congratulations to EXO though~
2. [+298, -36] Lay didn't even attend the awards ceremony, how is this any different from him straight up leaving the group? He's another Chinese, just like the rest of them ㅡㅡ Fans should just admit it already
3. [+155, -39] Look, the kid next to him is so cold he's wearing a cap on his head
4. [+45, -28] SM Music Awards
5. [+29, -4] Isn't it ridiculous that the winner of a paid popularity vote award was given 2 seconds of screentime through a video? It's unsettling to watch this power play at work.
6. [+24, -32] I don't think it's fair to call this an SM Music Awards ceremony just because SM singers are receiving awards. What are SM singers supposed to do then? Not exist?
7. [+20, -13] SM trash
8. [+18, -15] All I remember is them growling..... is the Korean music industry on a decline...
9. [+17, -10] What a joke, what "fans all over the world"? You mean 80% of your international fanbase being Chinese and 20% from SEA?
10. [+15, -9] Am I the only one who has never heard an EXO song yet...