Article: 'K-Pop Star 5' Yang Hyun Suk, "Brody's face is perfect... praise 99 points"
Source: Newsen via Nate
Yang Hyun Suk: "Your face is so charming. It's so perfect to the point where it makes me wonder how a face can look like that. Eyes, nose, lips, all perfect. I want to give you 99 points in praise today."
1. [+501, -18] Can you stop giving points for looks and start giving points on vocal talent
2. [+394, -15] She did improve compared to before.... but Yang Hyun Suk gave her way too many points on her face ^^;;;;;;;
3. [+188, -10] Hmm........
4. [+40, -4] She claims that she wants to be a singer in Korea but she hasn't learned any Korean in the past two years? I don't think she cares at all about Korea... just knew that she got praise the last time she was on the show so might as well give it another try. She doesn't seem like she cares whether that's in Korea or anywhere else. What did she do in two years that she still can't even hold a conversation without an interpreter?
5. [+18, -0] This show is different from other audition shows like 'Superstar K' because it's about CEOs looking for their next idol product. It's not about finding real singers... so in regards to those standards, I can see why they'd see potential in Brody.
6. [+18, -2] 'K-Pop Star' is still going on...?? I wonder if the average age of the contestants is even 15... it's basically just a talent show for little kids ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+17, -0] He has faces like CL and Minzy in his agency and yet he's rating visuals .. ㅋㅋ
8. [+15, -2] They should change the title of this show from 'K-Pop Star' to 'American Soul Pop Kids'
9. [+12, -4] I admit that she has a pretty face but her singing was bad to the point where I couldn't listen to it. I honestly don't know why they're rating these contestants on potential ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+11, -1] Nowadays, there's already a standard of skill set in the industry so talent isn't important at all. You make more money by finding someone with visuals and star potential.
11. [+10, -0] So he has nothing to say about her singing but he rates her face like that.....
12. [+8, -1] I don't think there's anything wrong with rating visuals. Honestly speaking, do you think Suzy would be as popular as she is now with her current talents but Park Bom's visuals?
13. [+6, -4] The comments here are dumb... singing is something you can teach but star potential and visuals aren't something you can teach.. so of course he has to stack points for her on visuals.