Article: Student discovered dead outside apartment on day of college entrance exam scores
Source: Yonhap News via Naver
A father discovered his high school senior son dead outside his apartment and it's suspected that he jumped to his death from his veranda. Papers including his college entrance exam score were discovered in his room.
1. [+56, -5] This happens every year. Another unfortunate death has happened, should we not be coming up with solutions for this? I hope he rests in peace and I send my condolences to his parents.
2. [+43, -3] Being a student with good grades does not guarantee you success in life!! So unfortunate!!!
3. [+39, -2] I thought it was so fortunate that we weren't getting news like this this year, but lo and behold... if there are any high school seniors thinking about suicide right now, please consider retaking the test instead. There are 60 years left in your life, spending another 2-3 years on this exam won't set you that far back from everyone else. Don't consider suicide.
4. [+36, -4] I really thought we'd get a year this year without any news like this ㅜㅡㅜ It breaks my heart... Our society has too big of an issue in its hands to be able to console our students by saying that this test isn't everything in life... hopefully he is born in a life next time without the hell of college entrance exams...
1. [+240, -10] The exam is not everything in life... but reality is that the exam is becoming everything in life...
2. [+206, -7] When will sad news like this stop repeating itself every year.....
3. [+176, -6] I really want to stop reading articles like this
4. [+19, -2] The late Shin Hae Chul once said, "To a high school senior, the exam is everything in life... but in a year, it will be just one of five things that happened in your life, and in 10 years, just one of 20 things that happened in your life, and in 20 years, just barely one of 100 things that happened in your life."
5. [+17, -1] It's been 7 years since I took the exam but I remember when I was depressed over my score and I was waiting in school to get counseling and the teachers gave priority to the kids who got good scores first. I waited from noon till 7 PM and while the kids with good scores got 1-2 hours of counseling time, I barely got 10 minutes before being sent off.. I cried so hard on the way home. I know teachers are busy but I think it's important that they also give interest to the kids who didn't get good scores as well.
6. [+7, -2] I don't know why people bother saying that the exam isn't everything in life. All their lives, these kids are brainwashed into thinking that this exam is the end all. What difference does it make to say that it's actually not once it's all done and over with? Do you think they'd care at that point?
7. [+7, -0] Child... that exam is not everything.. why didn't you think it over.. how is your father supposed to live after discovering you dead...