Pann: A rookie female idol comes from a wealthy background (Girlfriend)
Member Umji of Girlfriend's father is a part of the 'S Moa Dentists' Network which has 40 clinics nationwide and employs over 200 dentists. Umji's father is actually the founding member of the network and currently serves as the president of the Yeonsu branch.
1. [+113, -32] Uhh.. I'm not trying to hate but Umji looks like a black pig
2. [+109, -25] Honestly, Girlfriend never came from a struggling background anyway. Their fans keep trying to make it seem like they struggled to get to where they are now, but that's laughable ㅋㅋㅋ Even before Girlfriend debuted, their media play was featured on the main page of Naver and up there every time they had a comeback. Their CEO is also friends with SM, Girlfriend definitely isn't a group born out of struggles ㅋㅋㅋ other rookie girl groups never got the media play opportunities they got right from debut.
3. [+86, -26] She's honestly so ugly...
4. [+45, -8] She's so ugly that I was sure that she was at least a good singer but I heard her sing and she's horrible. I don't understand how she was cast, was it really just because she's rich?
5. [+44, -40] April's Hyunjoo was in the same class as her and said that Umji was cast off of the streets. Not because her father's a dentist.
- A mystery as to why she was chosen
- Aren't looks important in street castings since it's not an audition that shows your skills
- I wonder what street she was cast on. I see kids on the streets all the time and there are barely any students as ugly as her...
- Maybe she looks prettier in real life?
- You honestly believe her face is a face that would get street cast...? If so, what street can I walk around on because I'm sure my face is prettier than that troll
6. [+41, -6] Wow... she was really cast off of the streets..?? Honestly?..
7. [+39, -16] It pisses me off that this group tries to pass themselves off as coming from a small agency and struggling for all of their opportunities when they're a rookie who's managed to land slots on 'Radio Star', 'Running Man', etc.
8. [+28, -4] I had a feeling she would've had some type of other reason. She's a horrible singer and I doubt she was chosen for her looks so I wondered what else they could've picked her for
9. [+24, -5] It's not like her father works in the entertainment industry, I don't think money's all it takes to become a celebrity like that
10. [+20, -7] I'm the type that calls someone pretty no matter how ugly they are but for Umji... uhh..
11. [+18, -21] Umji was cast while out on the streets to go eat with April's Hyunjoo ㅋㅋㅋ and Umji has a good vocal color and her singing isn't that bad... there are way worse singers than Umji anyway
- Sure there are singers worse than Umji but that doesn't make Umji a talented singer ㅋㅋㅋ
12. [+15, -11] I went to the same school as her. She wasn't picked because she's rich, she was already cast when she was in school by Source Music's director. I was next to her when it happened. She was picked because she had a maknae image like SNSD Seohyun. Definitely not for her wealth...
13. [+11, -1] My oppa and Umji's oppa are church friends so we went over to her house once and we had no idea she was a trainee then and was surprised to hear she'd be debuting soon ㅋㅋㅋ I thought she was pretty then. Not a fan but I feel bad for the hate she's getting.