Article: 'One Night' PD, "Sexual harassment against Yoona and IU? Makes no sense" direct clarification
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
PD: "I was surprised to hear that the last broadcast was under controversy for sexual harassment. When we used those pictures, we did not intend to mean it in a sexual put down or at all, and had no intention to stir this controversy. Yoona and IU's pose and outfit gave a unique illusion and we did not intend what the viewers are accusing us of by putting down their physical bodies in any way. As a show that covers all issues from the serious to the light, I'm surprised that a segment we had for fun was under controversy. We'll be more careful in the future."
1. [+155, -18] The fact that the producer didn't think this would be problematic is even more of a problem ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+144, -10] It's the same as when white people try to look Asian by slanting their eyes. They claim they were just trying to be funny and meant no harm but it's still offensive to us and it's important to be considerate of others when doing stuff like this. I don't care what the producer's intention was in broadcasting photoshopped pictures by antis, it's offensive and that's that.
3. [+130, -11] But did they really have nothing else to talk about on the show than this??? There are so many scandals going on in the industry right now. Why is SBS always the one with all the problems from ilbe scandals to this? Are all their PDs and scriptwriters screwed in the head?
4. [+21, -5] Whether it was his intention or not, it's still sexual harassment.
5. [+20, -5] Anyone with a brain would realize that this was offensive, sigh~
6. [+15, -5] Sigh, idiots...
7. [+9, -0] Saying someone has a small chest is sexual harassment, how is it not?
8. [+7, -15] It's still hilarious to me that they look the same whether their body's facing front or back ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+6, -7] Am I the only one who doesn't understand why this is considered sexual harassment
10. [+4, -1] It's supposed to be a diss on them being flat chested, right? ㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+1,421, -218] Are they crazy? That's their clarification? As if it isn't crazy enough to say that they can't tell that she's a woman from her front or back, and this is the clarification they came up with? I hope they get reported and fined for this.
2. [+1,103, -116] Ugh, why can't shows like this be reported instead of dramas like 'Reply' for having a cigarette scene
3. [+822, -106] As expected from Ilbe broadcast
4. [+733, -90] Not the first time they did psycho things like this.. please change out the PD~
5. [+630, -81] Isn't this lawsuit worthy;;;
6. [+135, -10] I don't even know why they would take their pictures and photoshop it around like that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the PD's crazy~
7. [+112, -7] I don't think the PD is normal... how can you say that about a woman's chest? And they have so many ilbe controversies too..
8. [+124, -14] I don't see the point in photoshopping someone's picture and putting it on broadcast like that