Article: Girl crush, 2015 brought the urge to join girl group fandoms
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+1,200, -74] There's the saying that a girl group with many female fans will have a long running career!
2. [+394, -59] BEG had a ton of female fans, I wonder where they all went???
- Their hiatus was too long and 'Kill Bill' wasn't strong enough
- They were total girl crush during 'Sixth Sense' and brought in a whole slew of female fans to the fandom.. the days when they had more female fans than male fans
- BEG's too old for them now
- Or they're all married now...
- They have good songs but choose the wrong title tracks. Their recent title track was too light, their other songs were better. Found out on 'Weekly Idol' that they had to go with easier choreographies because of Jea's stamina.
3. [+133, -6] It's always the kids who don't know better that assume girls are jealous of ther girls but it's the female fans who are keeping the girl groups afloat. No point in being popular with male fans because they'll leave you when you get into a dating scandal or another girl group debuts. They have no worth in the fandom. For a girl group to have al ong running career, you need to be popular with the female fans.
4. [+241, -59] I love all of them~~~!
5. [+57, -3] You can tell that SM's girl groups target the female fanbase in their twenties, not male fans. They go with modern concepts that fellow women would like. They know that once they secure a female fandom, men will eventually take an interest. In the end, it's way better to have female fans who will do more for the group than males.
6. [+40, -3] The music industry is led by female fans.
7. [+32, -3] Girl groups definitely need more female fans to survive, the representative case being SNSD. They have a lot of male fans but tons of female fans too ㅋㅋㅋ Male fans will switch fandoms the minute they see another group who's prettier or sexier but female fans stay loyal ㅋㅋㅋ and male fans don't stream or vote so groups really do need female fans.
8. [+37, -7] Female stars also have to be careful that they don't turn female fans against them. Look at Clara, she said that other women were jealous of her and see how ruined her career is..
9. [+22, -2] 2015 is definitely the best year for girl crushes^_^~!
10. [+29, -5] I thought of Mamamoo's Um Oh Ah Ye concept as soon as I read the word girl crush ㅋㅋㅋ Moonbyul's crossdress made me think she was so handsome even though she's a woman. I think a lot of the reasons why girl groups are popular with other girls is their talents and how outgoing they are ㅋㅋㅋ