Article: 'The Guardian' reports on IU's 'Zeze' controversy, 'foreign media outlets' also take interest
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+1,018, -104] Aigoo, what an utter embarrassment, really
2. [+393, -26] I don't think foreigners will take an interest in this issue anyway. Foreign media outlets should report instead on her plagiarism issue. Why is her plagiarism scandal being buried by all this debate over freedom of creation and expression? Why hasn't Britney responded to this yet? ㅡㅡ
3. [+373, -38] I'm honestly so sick of IU's fans. Please know when to shield and when to back off. Nevermind her plagiarism scandal but anytime anyone brings up that her lolita concept is problematic, they always turn it around and say, "No, it's not a problem, you're the one with the problem because of your perverted views. IU is an adult, I don't get sexually stimulated by her." Yeah, sure IU's an adult, but she's also a pop singer who's out there sitting with a baby bottle in her mouth and spraying milk on herself. She's obviously connecting sex with a child here, something she shouldn't be doing. Actions like that are what awaken sex criminals. She's making money by selling the image of sexualized children.
4. [+48, -6] Funny how IU's smiling at her Chinese fan meet after causing this entire mess
5. [+41, -3] There can't be anything more embarrassing than this... she really thinks that shutting up about all of this will put an end to it?
6. [+38, -8] Ha... as if what's done isn't enough, she's embarrassing the country on an international scale now;;; ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ just ridiculous
7. [+37, -3] Her lolita concept should be featured internationally as well. Sure it's embarrassing for us but it will shut up all the people defending her saying Koreans are too conservative. They'll realize that this issue is taken seriously around the world as well.
8. [+29, -3] So embarrassing. I like how she's trying to milk as much money out of her ajusshis as possible while sentiment is just growing worse ㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+3,001, -319] I don't care if this issue gets controversial overseas. I just hate how a couple celebrities are defending IU so hard right now. She should be responsible for her actions but she's making other people clean up after her.
2. [+1,814, -204] Hul;;;; embarrassing
3. [+1,769, -218] Now she's become an international pedophile
4. [+1,377, -198] This is so embarrassing ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ she's embarrassing our country
5. [+629, -43] I had a feeling that IU's career would someday be ruined but never did I imagine it'd go down in such big flames;;;
6. [579, -24] This is for the better. The bigger the issue gets, the bigger she gets reprimanded and she'll hopefully never dare to come out with a lolita concept again.
7. [+574, -25] Foreigners have no mercy when it comes to pedo issues
8. [+547, -11] I read Americans don't like linking children to anything of such topics... they're disgusted by it
9. [+505, -11] Koreans will only be embarrassed when this issue gets spread internationally and realize that foreigners think that it's just as bad as we've been saying all along.
10. [+504, -26] This album would probably rank in the top 3 of the worst albums in the world
11. [+479, -13] This issue just gets bigger and bigger...
12. [+404, -14] Aigoo~ IU's embarrassing herself on the world stage now~~
Article: "Of all times..." IU gets hit by a water bottle thrown by a fan
Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate
1. [+806, -68] IU asked for water so a fan threw it to her, not purposely trying to hit her or anything. Don't try to make people sympathize for her by coming up with these misleading titles.
2. [+628, -37] It's not even a big deal. The Chinese fan didn't purposely throw it to hit her.
3. [+262, -33] This article sounds like it was written by her company
4. [+50, -8] All of IU's articles have been taken down, this is hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+47, -6] She asked for water and got it. Why write the article as if some angry fan threw it at her ㅋㅋㅋ this media play is going to make things worse
6. [+45, -10] Stop trying to get people to sympathize with her~ and all of IU's articles have just been taken down~
7. [+30, -4] Why not throw a baby bottle at her ㅋㅋ
8. [+27, -7] She goes straight to China as soon as public sentiment turns against her in Korea... shameless and greedy
Article: Publishing company 'Dongnyuk' issues apology for starting IU's 'Zeze' controversy "We apologize"
Source: No Cut News via Nate
1. [+364, -52] The publishing company is suffering because of this pathetic controversy. All they wanted to do was preserve the youth of children.
2. [+322, -71] They must've been paid off
3. [+305, -72] I wonder how much they were paid to say it?
4. [+64, -3] This is flowing just like the Eunhyuk controversy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's acting like the victim in all of this again
1. [+442, -98] Why are they apologizing? This is not an issue of freedom of expression, this is a crime...;
2. [+374, -54] ???
3. [+366, -58] Why are they apologizing? The majority of the public thought they were in the right. And the publishing company has a right to their own opinion, it's hypocritical for people to be putting them down for it. Shouldn't the apology be coming from another side? ㅋ
1. [+6,668, -1,310] Why are they apologizing? ㅡㅡ She should be the one apologizing
2. [+5,989, -881] This is going exactly the way Eunhyuk's scandal did. She was the one who made the mistake but she acts like the victim... imagine how much of a fuss her fans made to the publishing company that they're apologizing ㅜㅜ
3. [+5,843, -1,025] I don't get why they're apologizing. IU's the one that messed with 'Zeze'... and why is she silent on all of this? Does she think it'll go away with silence?
4. [+3,721, -422] I'm getting goosebumps at all this support IU's getting on top of forcing the publishing company to apologize... IU, what are you
5. [+1,740, -153] So did Loen pay them off or did they threaten them?
6. [+1,642, -91] Is Loen threatening them? Why are they randomly apologizing?
Article: IU's 'Zeze' controversy, can it be put to an end?
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+1,741, -111] But why is she staying quiet on the sampling controversy? That's a big deal too
2. [+1,614, -145] Loen & IU: Let's stay quiet. We'll make it through.
3. [+1,492, -190] Nope... everyone around me pretty much sees her career as over.
4. [+1,171, -130] She probably needs to issue another proper apology
5. [+579, -42] IU should be the one apologizing, I don't know why the publishing company is doing it. I love how IU acts like the victim in all of this...