Nosy Kakao Talk people


Article: "Change your profile picture" parents minding their business into Kakao Talk... what are your thoughts?

Source:
Herald Econ via Nate

1. [+913, -50] Some parents think that their kids are their avatars. Nothing will change unless that changes first.

2. [+842, -45] I have a friend whose mother-in-law kept telling her to change her profile picture so she deleted her Kakao Talk..

3. [+644, -46] My friend's a teacher and she put her profile picture as one of herself in a bikini and the parents of her students kept messaging her asking why an unmarried woman is putting up pictures like that.. And then when she changed the picture to her boyfriend, they messaged her again asking why she'd put up a picture of her boyfriend if they're not even married yet. Student parents are amazing -_-;

4. [+78, -1] There are a lot of mother-in-laws who mind their business about it too;;; An unni I know changed her picture to Lee Jong Suk when 'I Hear Your Voice' was popular and her mother-in-law called her and was like, "Why would a married woman put up a picture of another man even if he's a celebrity, change it right this instant" ㅡㅡ;;

5. [+60, -3] My mother-in-law even asks me to change my caller tone

6. [+58, -2] Kakao Talk seriously needs to add an option: "Would you like to show your profile picture to the friends on your list? Y/N"

7. [+39, -1] In Europe, parents consider their children as individuals fated to them but Korean parents think of their children as their possessions.

8. [+30, -5] It's because the adults of our generation are super conservative. They think that only what they think is right and if their kids don't do exactly what they say, they're wrong. When parents see an old man picking up boxes on the streets, they teach their kid to become someone who makes lots of money so they don't end up like him instead of teaching the children ways to help people like him. Kids are taught from a young age the power relationships between the rich and the poor.

9. [+26, -0] My co-workers are nosy about my Kakao statuses ㅡㅡ When I write something negative, they tell me to change... when I write something positive, they ask me what I'm so happy about.. I am not writing these statuses for you..

10. [+11, -1] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm over 40 and my mom who's over 70 always checks on my profile picture and asks if anything's wrong.. or where I recently visited ㅋㅋㅋ or that my caller ring sounds too depressing so change it ㅎㅎㅎ

-