Sewol Ferry one year memorial turns ugly




Article: 'Sewol Ferry 1 year Memorial', strong demonstrations paralyze the city streets... 100 members of the victims' families arrested

Source: News 1 via Naver

1. [+10,963, -4,600] Enough already... stop using these dead children for your political agendas..

2. [+10,079, -3,892] How is this a memorial at all

3. [+9,057, -3,719] Let's please stay within the laws

4. [+8,471, -3,763] I'm sure the dead children will be proud of you all

5. [+8,832, -4,157] Illegal activities in any demonstrations should be arrested

6. [+3,050, -550] I was just there moments ago but had to rush home because I realized how wrong it was. I went to the demonstration in hopes of paying my tribute to those who lost their lives but the demonstration turned into several different political agendas. Was this not a Sewol Ferry memorial? But instead of paying tributes, people were fighting policemen, rallying for Park Geun Hye to leave office... it was not a memorial at all.

7. [+2,743, -497] Please stop beating our policemen... they're young kids who are barely 21-23 years old. As someone who served from 2006 to 2008, there were several times that I felt my life was being threatened and stomped when I was patrolling protests. I've seen my seniors and juniors with shattered shoulders, rib cages, noses... There are people at these protests who whip around pipes and bricks..

8. [+2,892, -1,299] What a dirty memorial

-

Angry protester sets the Taegukgi on fire


Clashing with the police


Protesters pull at police bus

Protesters wash out pepper spray