Sewol Ferry survivor discovered in attempted suicide


Article: Sewol Ferry student survivor attempts suicide... "I miss my friend"

Source: Asia Econ via Nate

A female Danwon High School student attempted to commit suicide on the 21st. Her family discovered her overdosed on pills and found cut marks on her wrist. She left a note saying, "I miss my friend" who was lost in the Sewol Ferry sinking. The student is receiving treatment.

38 of the survivors are currently receiving psychological treatment and experts predict that they'll be under immense stress for the next three years or so.

1. [+2,302, -108] My chest tightens whenever I think of them

2. [+1,749, -81] Breaks my heart... please find strength for the sake of your families

3. [+599, -54] I'm sorry that we couldn't protect the dead and we can't protect the living. I'm sorry that people are saying it's enough that you're alive, let's leave it all in the past now. I'm sorry that the lost lives of your friends will never be justified.

4. [+82, -3] Is the captain reading this? These kids must live the rest of their lives with this trauma burdening them... All because he told them to stay put.

5. [+50, -3] She has to live for the sake of her lost friend. I'm sure her friend wants that too.

6. [+43, -8] To the people who are saying let's forget it and move on... please realize that this is still a reality for many people.

7. [+35, -2] Babo, you have to live for your friend ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+28, -1] Can't imagine how big the shock must be to someone so young..

-