Miss Korea before the plastic









Article: Korean beauties before the advent of plastic surgery

Source: Money Today via Nate

1. [+501, -13] Plastic surgery's fine. I don't care about the past of people who choose to get work done. What I find problematic are the people who put others down just because they're prettier now. Don't act cocky because you're prettier.

2. [+455, -5] I'm not against plastic surgery... but can't Miss Korea find a way to ban people with work done from entering?

3. [+445, -57] As someone who hasn't gotten any work done, I really feel regretful at how the standards for looks is now based on plastic surgery ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I know this is ridiculous to say but I want plastic surgery clinics to give their patients tests on whether the procedure is absolutely necessary for them to live their daily lives ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+24, -1] Plastic surgery is a personal choice that I don't have a right to say on... but I do have to admit that on camera, natural actresses are a lot easier on the eyes than plastic ones... You can stare at them for long periods of time and still be comfortable.

5. [+21, -1] I'm fine with plastic surgery as long as people at least try to keep what makes them different still there. I don't get why everyone goes for the same exact look ㅠ People are not dumb these days, it's quite obvious who's gotten work done and who hasn't. What're they going to do with their future offspring? Get them plastic surgery too?

6. [+18, -1] Natural beauties have an aura to them that plastic ones can't copy. Big eyes, tall nose, thin face... I wonder when that became the standard of beauty.

7. [+13, -0] I think plastic surgery existed back then in those photos too. One woman has unnatural eyes... although I'm sure they didn't get work done to the extent of the current Miss Koreas.

8. [+11, -11] Plastic surgery ads need to be taken down on subways and on the internet. It's like our society forces plastic surgery on us. I feel so embarrassed whenever I see foreign tourists laugh at the ads. It makes me want to hide in a hole.

-