Swearing in game punishable by law


Article: 'Swearing in game'... even abbreviating swears punishable by law

Source:
Financial News via Naver

Article raises the question of whether Korea can come up with another solution other than punishment by law for violent gaming behavior and harassment as the gaming industry continues to grow.

1. [+2,599, -56] My parents are fine so don't ask me how they are doing (instead of outright raging, gamers will ask about your parents or intentionally be nice to work around swear filters)

2. [+1,770, -50] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So I guess all of the LoL players are criminals then

3. [+1,457, -61] I don't care, as long as you don't swear about my parents ^^

4. [+1,051, -89] This is a good law, let's stop swearing everyone

5. [+986, -351] I don't think just blindly blocking and prohibiting certain problems is a solution for anything... If anything, it'll create a balloon that pops. The best solution is to create an environment where swearing shouldn't even happen.

6. [+304, -8] I remember playing Kart Rider and getting cussed out by an elementary school student. I got hurt and quit.

7. [+267, -42] Why isn't this being applied to Naver comments as well?

8. [+195, -11] When I play games, people I don't even know ask me how my parents are doing. Please punish them.

9. [+179, -3] LoL players, stop asking about my mom... my mom's doing fine.

10. [+103, -4] 95% of LoL players need to be punished.

11. [+103, -6] At this rate, we'll be getting rid of chat features in game completely.

12. [+91, -1] My life is threatened several times a day when I play games.

-