Is fan culture moving from teens to twenties/thirties?

Article: Fan culture changes: 20s and 30s are on the move~!

Source: 10asia via Naver

1. [+831, -10] As long as there aren't psycho sasaeng fans!

2. [+709, -13] Probably because people who were fans in their teens are older now

3. [+564, -19] I think a lot of fans age with their favorite idols. It's not like there are no teen fans nowadays. I think junior high school students focus on idols and high schoolers focus on actors or models.

4. [+519, -24] It's good to see fans age with their favorite singers. They're also more respectful than teens.

5. [+324, -189] I think teens these days are too busy studying, they don't have time to like idols or celebrities ㅜㅜ I feel so bad leaving for school at 7 am and coming home at 10 pm.

6. [+128, -3] They're just aging with their idols...

7. [+121, -9] Teens may seem like the main fanbase of idols because they're everywhere on the internet but you realize that the real financial power behind singers are the older fans when you go to their concerts.

8. [+102, -3] Not necessarily a change in fan culture but rather fans naturally growing older.

9. [+96, -5] People need to start recognizing 'fangirling/fanboying' as a hobby culture. To others, it might just seem like they're spending time and money on a singer but in the end, it's all for their own happiness. Some people save money to go on trips, to go camping, to go shopping... and others spend it on singers. For guys, it's the same as gaming or playing sports. I've been a fan for five years and I don't want people thinking I'm weird for liking idols. It's a hobby like anything else.

10. [+83, -4] I know fans who work at high profile companies, draw webtoons for a living, own their own businesses, work as scriptwriters, teachers, college professors, etc etc. They all live successful, competitive lives.

11. [+77, -3] I think anyone who was a fan in their teens just continued being a fan as they grew up, especially with groups like SuJu or Shinhwa who've lasted a long time.

12. [+71, -4] I was an elementary school student when I started liking Shinhwa but now I'm graduating college next year...

-