Article: ['The Heirs' Finale] The transformation of acting idols... there were no 'nuisance idols'
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+852, -43] Krystal, Park Hyungshik, Kang Min Hyuk all did great... Sad we won't be seeing Bona and Chanyoung again...
2. [+769, -38] Scriptwriter Kim said that she put all of the idols through a fair and square audition and chose them according to the roles they fit best. She specifically said that a lot of rookie actors tried out for the auditions but it was only those three who fit Bona, Myungsoo, and Chanyoung! I think it's okay to cast idols if they go through auditions like this, a hundred times better than idols who take lead roles without the talent for it.
3. [+633, -46] Hyungshik really pulled off the Myungsoo role well
4. [+499, -54] Krystal's English acting was on point
5. [+168, -10] Kang Min Hyuk always received favorable reviews since 'You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly', but Park Hyungshik and Krystal really took me off guard with how well they did!!! I, too, hated on idols for acting but they really did well ㅠㅠㅠ
6. [+175, -20] Didn't expect Park Hyungshik to act so well.
7. [+141, -7] Krystal's acting is still a bit sitcom style but she does well with grouchy/attitude dependent characters. Stupid~
8. [+135, -7] Krystal was awkward at first but improved a lot with the chemistry development with Kang Min Hyuk. Kang Min Hyuk did well as well as Park Hyungshik ㅋㅋ Kim Woo Bin, though... I really became his fan after this.
9. [+146, -18] I think they each had just the right amount of screentime to earn a good review. They wouldn't have done so well in lead roles.
10. [+108, -1] This drama proves that you can't stereotype idol actors and that all idols should be put through fair auditions before being cast.