Article: 'K-Pop 3' the praised contestant is an iljin? Producers "We are checking"
Source: Star News via Nate
You can read about the contestant here or here. A netizen put up a post claiming that Kim Eun Joo is an iljin, explaining, "Kim Eun Joo makes me so angry. It makes me angry and regretful to see that child sing with the mask of a lamb. Last year, she was forced to transfer out of our school. She would disrupt the class, hit her friends, drink, smoke, and even put up pictures of self-injury on her SNS." Pictures can be seen here [graphic].
1. [+1,592, -24] It really disgusts me when trashy people like her act like they've changed their ways because of music or whatever. Just shut up and live quietly on your own. Do you think everything is okay because you've reformed your ways through music? What about the kids you tortured? How are they supposed to deal with the nightmares?
2. [+1,386, -17] Seems like iljin kids used the money they ripped off from classmates to go to the karaoke
3. [+1,001, -19] She always has the ㅇㅅㅇ facial expression ㅋㅋㅋ kick her butt
4. [+165, -0] For a junior high school student to be forced to transfer out, that's quite severe... Hopefully the producers don't think they can get away with a short interview of her crying saying she's reformed her ways through music. Why is the entertainment industry becoming a collection of criminals? If this is all true, they need to take her off the show.
5. [+159, -2] If this is true, please take her off the show. If teens see that an iljin is on TV and doing well, they might not think twice of the bad things they are doing. She should not be allowed to do anything until she goes and apologizes to each student she tortured.
Article: Kim Eun Joo's iljin controversy... 'K-Pop Star 3' official homepage board "Take her off the show" vs "Witch hunting"
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+791, -6] With the situation gone as far as it has, they surely can't be thinking that they can continue to let her sing? Won't the iljins now look at this and think they can continue on with their ways if gets let off?
2. [+741, -14] What makes me so bitter about issues like this is that... their apologizes all sound like a person who's lived badly for their entire lives and only decided to turn his life around because he found out he was going to die the next day. This is why you should live your life as a good person every single day... because you never know when a golden opportunity like this will be taken away from you. That's how life is fair, I guess.
3. [+772, -9] The broadcast company should definitely investigate into the matter. There's no way that a story without truth would have so much back up, right?
4. [+76, -0] Think about it this way.. imagine if you were tortured and that person is now on TV, singing as if nothing was wrong. People like her need to have their roots cut off.
5. [+63, -0] People who ruin the happiness of others do not deserve to be happy themselves.