BoA and Jung Yonghwa in talks for upcoming dramas


Article: [Exclusive] BoA selected as lead role for KBS drama 'Hope for Dating'

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+1,146, -69] Even after suffering through all that, SM still insists on doing dramas..

2. [+1,164, -169] BoA-ssi, I believe you will be hated on until you peel. Don't act, singers... Not unless you're on the level of Lee Seung Gi, Uhm Jung Hwa, or Im Chang Jung... Every time singers land drama roles without any practice, I want to pop the parachute they flew in on!

3. [+901, -61] What's wrong with them, do they not know how the public feels towards singer actors these days? Not that I have anything against BoA but it's not like the industry is dry of any other actors... Obviously SM is investing a lot into this drama ㅡㅡ

4. [+52, -31] This is just a two episode drama special... nothing to get so worked up over ㅎㅎ It's good to see her working from the bottom up... Looking forward to good results.

5. [+50, -15] I think it's hilarious that SM's artists have done so poorly in the acting department that it takes their one singer 14 years to get into acting with a two episode drama and she STILL gets hate ㅋㅋㅋ SM kids really must've screwed a lot of dramas over ㅋㅋㅋ I'm still looking forward to BoA, though. It's only two episodes so not a lot of pressure and she did well judging as a producer on K-Pop Star. Either way, BoA is guaranteed to be getting some hate since SM itself is so famous for its bad acting.

-

Article: 'BoA' Drama casting? SM "Nothing's been confirmed... Still having positive discussions"

Source: Sports Seoul via Naver

1. [+447, -27] Really pisses me off how companies always say there's nothing confirmed and then confirm casting the very next day!!!

2. [+447, -52] Just stick to singing, why do you keep trying to get into acting?

3. [+413, -33] As a longtime BoA fan, I say this from the bottom of my heart... Let's reconsider this after that dance Hollywood movie has been released ㅠㅠ

4. [+342, -28] Just focus on singing♥♥♥

5. [+345, -33] Don't act, I don't think you'll be all that great

6. [+309, -30] No, never, please. I had a feeling you'd be a crappy actor ever since seeing that Missha Mambo dance CF.

7. [+248, -28] BoA is one of the few singers that I desperately hope will just stick to singing ㅜㅜ

8. [+252, -43] Even BoA is getting into acting now? SM seems to be throwing anyone with declining popularity into the acting ring

-


Article: [Exclusive] Jung Yonghwa in positive discussiosn for acting return in 2 years with KBS 'The Choice of the Future'

Source: Sports Korea via Naver

1. [+376, -91] Pleeeeeeease stop sticking in these nobody singers into acting. All they do is ruin the drama with their crappy acting that nobody wants to watch.

2. [+267, -33] He's suffering a lot because of his damned agency... Who knows when his agency will screw this up for him again too.

3. [+277, -75] Speaking honestly, you don't have enough skills to be taking on leading roles... It wouldn't hurt to stick to side roles and work your way up if you want to get into acting that bad... Start with the side roles like your dongsengs~ They're all better actors than you are, actually..

4. [+193, -37] I'm actually curious how he'll pull this off. He seems stable with emotional acting but he gets awkward the longer his lines are. Fortunately, his roles so far have had short lines. I don't think he'd be able to handle long lines like Lee Bo Young's role in 'I Hear Your Voice'. Practice your script reading more.

5. [+195, -68] "Positive discussions" my butt.. I bet his company is begging to stick him in.

6. [+162, -51] Hul, I really love Jung Yonghwa but I don't want him to get into acting... I couldn't finish 'Heartstrings' because his acting just made me fall out of love with him.. Can't you stay with your good music? Or is it his company that's working him like this... Give him time to compose music. I remember reading an article where he didn't even take his vacation days and just spent them writing music.

-