Article: [Video] Jun Hyosung's statement controversy "We don't democratize the group"
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate + Naver 
On May 14th, SECRET guested on SBS Power FM's "Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time". On the broadcast, Jun Hyosung made a statement that said, "We're a team that respects individuality so we don't democratize the group."
A clip of the statement has been spreading like wildfire online, as netizens are criticizing Hyosung for using the term 'democratization' in a negative way.
One netizen explained, "With the way she used it, she basically intended for democratization to mean that individuality is not respected."
Internet community 'Ilbe' has been using the term negatively and popularizing it with a different definition to mean 'to disappear', 'to demolish', or 'to cause a riot'. The community is notorious for using the word in a negative context.
Netizens are arguing that the context of her statement fits with Ilbe's use of the term and are disappointed with her lack of history and political knowledge.
TS Entertainment clarified that Hyosung used the word without knowing what it meant.
1. [+1,089, -276] If she wanted to use the term correctly, she should've said, "We're a team that respects individuality. We're democratic."
2. [+957, -258] How could you not know what democratization means????? So if having no individuality and no freedom means you're democratic, is having individuality a dictatorship??? This goes beyond just being stupid...
3. [+770, -178] She was probably looking to use the word 'standardization'...
4. [+280, -78] Whether or not Hyosung is actually an Ilbe user does not matter... but to have used the exact statement that Ilbe users use to put down democratization just showed the entire world how stupid she is.
5. [+253, -60] Is she crazy... That is the exact statement Ilbe users use... If you don't know what a word means, don't use it;;; How does that clarification even make sense? Wow, I'm so pissed off with her
1. [+1,150, -158] Hyosung, are you an Ilbe user?
2. [+1,053, -113] How often did she say such a thing that it comes out so naturally like that? tsk tsk SECRET are now Ilbe goddesses from here on out
3. [+918, -153] Even if there's the slightest chance that she really didn't know about Ilbe, the negative context of how she used the word is unforgivable. I fully believe that she reads the Ilbe boards... She's on DC Gallery a lot, why not Ilbe?
4. [+780, -316] So she's an Ilbe goddess now ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Well, looks like your career is over, so long~
5. [+500, -59] Ilbe's going to be loving Hyosung now ㅋㅋㅋ Ilbe goddess Hyosung, praise her~~
Article: Jun Hyosung's lingerie photoshoot 'voluminous body inside a white shirt'
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+817, -228] The first idol group member to come out as an Ilbe user ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+762, -266] Are you on Ilbe?
3. [+711, -324] Her career has been trashed overnight after it being revealed that she's an Ilbe user
4. [+171, -85] The goddess of Ilbe ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
5. [+158, -100] Makes me sick to think she reads the Ilbe boards and giggles at their trash. Crazy b*tch.
6. [+157, -94] I really loved SECRET but I can't get over my disappointment and anger in her over her democratization statement. Exactly what kind of brain do you need to have to be able to use that word in such a negative context? If you hate democratization, get out of Korea. Having no brain is not an excuse.
7. [+144, -82] Cannot believe Jun Hyosung was ilbe trash all along...
8. [+133, -80] Farewell, Hyosung. Why the fu*k would you read a board full of idiots like Ilbe and parrot their words on broadcast... You have proven once again that there are such a variety of ways to prove how stupid people just are
Article: Jun Hyosung officially apologizes for 'democratization' statement... "I am reflecting over my misuse of the term"
Source: Sports Donga via Naver
1. [+4,088, -692] A woman on ilbe.... Ilbe users are people that fully believe that women need to be beat once every three days to function
2. [+3,813, -492] I saw the broadcast and it seemed she knew the exact context she was using the word in... I think it's too late for her.
3. [+3,554, -447] Exactly in which country do they use the term democratization in a negative context?
4. [+2,583, -410] Absolutely empty in that head of yours... Pathetic...
5. [+2,508, -495] All aboard the T-ara train
6. [+2,093, -269] Hyosung should've been more careful... You go anywhere and say that you read Ilbe and you're treated like human trash. She's going to get a lot of antis out of this.