Follow Up: Opinions still divided over 'Gentleman'



Article: Billboard Korea "Psy's Gentleman will take over the Billboard #1"

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+670, -48] No one knew Gangnam Style would hit daebak like it did... Wishing the best for Gentleman.. although I personally think the song is pretty bad. I should probably listen to it more.

2. [+629, -111] The minute I listened to it, I thought it was a song that Park Myung Soo composed in a week. The melody is similar to Gangbuk Cool Guy.

3. [+430, -29] I think our country and foreigners will hear the song differently... personally, I like it ㅋ And since the Mv is factored into the Billboard ranking, he has a chance. I hope it does well.

4. [+413, -80] When Yang CEO brought in Psy, he let him do whatever he wanted and that's how Gangnam Style was born. This song, however, is not like Psy at all and it feels more like his music is being controlled like a cyborg. It doesn't have Psy's taste and the lyrics are so cheesy.

5. [+292, -31] I'll be honest, the song doesn't stand a chance on its own. Better to wait for the choreography and the MV.

6. [+196, -6] The beat is pretty fun and exciting but has none of the freshness that Gangnam Style had.

7. [+193, -16] The song's not bad but it's so obvious that the song just screams "Foreigners, please love the song~" which is disappointing for me. There's nothing Psy about it...

8. [+140, -10] Honestly... underwhelming. But it's still oddly addictive...

-