Sayuri thinks it's a choice for female celebrities to provide sexual favors in exchange for fame


Article: Sayuri under controversy for saying "Providing sexual favors is your own choice", netizen opinions divided

Source:
Sports Seoul via Nate

Sayuri: "It's because celebrity hopefuls are greedy that sexual favors exist. People say that they do it because they're scared of what will happen if they don't, but I think that fear is just their greed. If you're not greedy about becoming a celebrity, you don't have to do it.

In the past, someone asked me out to drink with them on a program. I told them to screw off. I, of course, was take off of the program. If I had been greedy, I would've agreed to drink with him. I just think it's a personal choice."

-

1. [+1,244, -16] She's not wrong, though

2. [+1,029 -16] I think she's one of the few female celebrities who are able to express their opinions in an intelligent way

3. [+1,009, -15] I think she's right

4. [+125, -7] I think what she's trying to say is that women are just as responsible for sexual favors as the people accepting it are. Women always act like they're the victims no matter what and have no responsibility for the actions they chose to commit... They always think, "Oh, I'm a woman, I'm the victim, someone will resolve this for me..."

5. [+102, -1] I think she's right as well... There are probably a number of female celebrities who spread their legs to get popular

6. [+83, -0] She's right. It's true that trainees are weaker and that providing sexual favors might be necessary to be popular, but there are just as many celebrities who held in their greed to be popular and worked their way up from the bottom until they got to where they are now. In the end, it's your choice to become a star to get popular in such a way.

7. [+69, -0] She's right. It's a trade. I'll give you my body so give me what I need. As long as it's not sexual assault, the woman is trading what she has for what she needs. Sayuri has a way with words that Koreans could never express themselves with.

8. [+59, -0] She's a hundred times right. No one's forcing these girls, drugging them, kidnapping them into joining powerful men for drinks and sleeping with them. Unless you're being raped, I don't see why any woman couldn't refuse such offers.

9. [+35, -1] Celebrities who gave sexual favors should never act like they are the victim. I used to work in the industry so I'm familiar with this stuff, and I'm reminded of an actress 'K' who was cast in a morning drama with a male rookie star. All she had to go was up but she rejected a sponsor offer and now she can't even come out on TV. In the end, it's your own personal choice. People tend to hate on the men in power that accept these things but I think women should be hated just as much.

10. [+32, -2] Sayuri's right. Trainees offer their bodies because they want to be popular. If they had the talent or a good head on their shoulders, why would they offer their bodies instead of trying to get popular through their own skills? Use your damn talents or get out of the industry.

11. [+33, -3] It was funny to me how Kim Boo Sun (another female celebrity guest on the show) said that "It's difficult to gain opportunities if your company doesn't have power." It's like she's trying to justify women having to provide sexual favors as something they couldn't choose. Isn't this how prostitutes think? Prostitutes are always like, "I can't help but do this in order to make a living and live." What's so different?

What's funnier is that when the audience was surveyed, half of them replied that it's the responsibility of both parties while the other half said it's only the responsibility of the company, or basically saying that women are the victims of sexual favors and it's the company that's in the wrong. I was kind of shocked with that.

-