Netizens commend director Kang Woo Suk for refusing to use idols in his movie


Article: Director Kang Woo Suk "I was adamant about refusing idol castings"

Source:
Newsen via Nate

Director of 'The Legendary Fist' stated, "Before we began filming the movie, the biggest temptation I faced was idol stars. A lot of people, their companies especially, started suggesting the casting of idols, which is why I made it a point to specifically exclude them.

"I know that not using idols won't help much in terms of promotion but I know that it'll be that much worse once the movie is actually release. I'm quite satisfied with the young actors that I chose instead."

1. [+334, -26] You're amazing, director ㅜㅜ There needs to be more producers like you...

2. [+292, -26] There are so many great actors, why use an idol... You're amazing, director.

3. [+262, -22] You made a great choice, director.

4. [+35, -17] If idols don't have what it takes to be as great as singer-turned-actors Im Chang Jung and Um Jung Hwa, just stick to your singing careers.

5. [+32, -4] The 'Gu Family Book' director should learn from him tsk tsk

6. [+32, -8] Go practice your singing, don't you idols dare put your spoon down on a table set by others

7. [+24, -4] 'Gu Family Book' tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk

8. [+23, -0] I'm absolutely sure that directors will lose all desire to cast an idol once they hear Dongho's "Save me" line from 'Don't Cry Mommy'

9. [+20, -1] Just really grateful that he isn't using idols

10. [+16, -2] Using idols will obviously have great promotional effects for the movie... but it also lowers the quality of the movie itself.

-