Article: Psy 'Gangnam Style' faces plagiarism lawsuit... "Noise marketing"?
Source: E-Today via Nate + Naver
A composer is claiming that Psy's "Gangnam Style" is a plagiarization of his ballad track, which he composed in 2009. His song, however, was released four months after Psy's was. Professionals who took a listen have all claimed that it's difficult to call it plagiarism.
His lawsuit was filed on October of last year.
YG is saying that there's nothing similar about the two songs and is accusing him of noise marketing to raise his digital profit.
1. [+183, -1] The minute you search up the song to hear how similar it is, you're basically falling prey to the composer's tactic.
2. [+113, -1] The fact that we're even taking an interest in it means his noise marketing is working. Don't leave a comment or anything.
3. [+11, -0] I thought up the Gangnam Style melody in 2008 but it's still preserved in my head and I've never released it as a song yet. I better hurry up and file a lawsuit too.
1. [+126, -3] He shut up when the song was just released and he's now claiming plagiarism because the song hit daebak
2. [+105, -4] How pathetic, he's groveling for seconds, hoping that some of the daebak will come to him~ Sigh~
3. [+68, -2] Everyone's been claiming Gangnam Style as theirs ever since it became a hit ㅋㅋㅋ