Article: Running Man 'I hate Haha and Gary' the severity of Kwanghee's informal speech use
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
On 'Running Man', Kwanghee, an 88er, said "I hate Haha and Gary" in informal speech in reference to two people who are 11 and 12 years older than him. The article delves into other instances where Kwanghee spoke in informal speech to seniors on other shows like 'Laws of the Jungle' but managed to avoid controversy because his co-stars covered it up as comedy.
He tried to speak informally to Julien Kang on 'We Got Married' despite Julien Kang showing that he was uncomfortable with it. Panelist Kim Mi Sun saw the scene and said that Kwanghee had also tried to use informal speech with her and that it had shocked her at the time.
The article claims that viewers are done with 'coddling him' now that he's committed the same mistake on 'Running Man', and the article says that he is deserving of the criticism.
1. [+2,178, -149] Kwanghee seriously doesn't know when to stop. He calls himself a K-Pop leader when he barely has any parts in his own songs to begin with. Why does he think he can say whatever he wants on variety shows? It pissed me off a bit
2. [+2,036, -106] Please learn to be respectful
3. [+2,015, -112] He calls himself a trend at the end of everything he says. Doesn't he know that he's not up to that title yet? Can he dance well, sing well, what can he do? The title of 'singer' is completely wasted on him. Isn't he embarrassed of searching his name online and seeing himself referenced as 'singer'?
4. [+307, -18] He may think he can mess with Gary because of his image on variety shows but Gary is Leessang. Leessang, you hear me? Who does this plastic face think he is talking like that to him?
5. [+280, -17] It really made me uncomfortable the way he just... spoke without speaking
6. [+271, -10] Even our country's most top celebrity Yoo Jae Suk refers to younger celebrities with -ssi
7. [+269, -16] Is he not even nervous being around hyungs of such stature? All he knows how to do is run his mouth... He won't last for a minute in the army with an attitude like that
8. [+205, -14] He won't learn until he finally loses everything with that mouth
9. [+182, -9] Gary really looked uncomfortable.. It may be a variety but certain lines should not be crossed
10. [+180, -14] Kwanghee's tone of speech really bothered me the entire time I was watching. Gary and Haha probably only let him go because they were being filmed. Learn to be respectful.