Found this running around Pann today and thought the numbers might help anyone. Feel free to correct anything if it's wrong! I'll include all of the replies to it because the picture was posted as a best reply.
1. TVXQ: 3,603,409 units
2. KARA: 1,078,569 units
3. SNSD: 785,810 units
4. 2PM: 561,594 units
5. Super Junior: 550,699 units
6. SHINee: 467,773 units
7. T-ara: 274,782 units
8. Big Bang: 192,029 units
9. INFINITE: 142,456 units
10. B2ST: 141,483 units
- I'm just satisfied we're in the top 10 ㅋㅋ Although it'd be nice if we climbed up the rank more
- Happy to be in the top 10!
- But I heard that Big Bang is stronger in digital sales than album sales like in Korea
- The digital market only makes up 2% of Japan's music market
- Glad that we're in the top 10
- All kill for TVXQ
- I thought the numbers would be outdated but it has Android included!
- Satisfied with 10th placeㅠㅠ
- Oh~ INFINITE's in 9th?
- Big Bang and B2ST didn't really release that much. The numbers would be higher if they did.
- The number of releases are all different, the comparison doesn't seem fair
- Big Bang has better concert sales than albums
- People tend to dismiss these numbers saying it's not reason enough to compare but I think these numbers are just as important in recognizing all that our groups have achieved in a foreign market.
- No one can beat TVXQ
- These numbers were earned through hard work, regardless of what the rankings below TVXQ are. Japan's music market is the 2nd largest in the world so these numbers are nothing to scoff at regardless of your fandom
- Wow I'm glad 2PM is in 4th with great results in Japan
- Proud of INFINITE. Keep stretching out into the world ㅋㅋㅋ
Source: Nate Pann