Article: Still cuts of Song Hye Gyo playing a blind woman revealed... epitome of innocent beauty
Source: Newsen via Nate
It's not reflected in the best reply but there were a lot of comments about how the high heels are distracting and how she's "too dressed up" for someone who's blind... "How can a blind person wear high heels" and "Her outfit isn't realistic".
1. [+518, -46] She matched Hyun Bin so well ㅜㅜ So upset that they broke up! I'm sure anyone that watched 'The World They Live In' would agree!
2. [+314, -16] Wow pretty
3. [+290, -32] For everyone criticizing about the high heels, read the article for once. It says that the blind are able to live a normal lifestyle.
Article: What can we learn of the misunderstandings and the truths about the blind as seen through Song Hye Gyo's high heels controversy?
Source: TV Daily via Nate
The article sheds some light on how the blind live and explain that, although it depends on certain situations, the blind are just as interested in fashion and hairstyles and the like. Those that lost their sight at a later time in their life still tend to wear high heels because they're used to the feeling of them.
1. [+235, -10] If we're going to argue about dramas being realistic, then what about the women wearing eyeliner in historical dramas?
2. [+182, -8] Thinking that a blind person doesn't care about fashion just because they're blind is a misinformed stereotype. I saw a documentary about two disabled women going on a vacation and they dressed nicely with better make up than me...
3. [+191, -40] We're not criticizing the high heels because we don't think the blind don't have a right to be fashionable, we just think it's dangerous so we're worried.
4. [+24, -5] The heels weren't even that high;;; Is there some kind of separate dress code that the blind need to adhere to?? ㅋㅋ
5. [+22, -4] The reason people are so used to seeing the blind dress poorly is because of economic reasons. They have a difficult time finding jobs so of course they will prioritize other aspects of their life over fashion. Song Hye Gyo's character is an heiress of a conglomerate. She's extremely rich so she obviously has her own stylist, etc...