Article: Shin So Yool "I've been a rookie for the past 8 years and now I finally feel like I'm living now that I work 5 days a week"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+630, -62] Instead of idols like Suzy, Yoona, UEE, Park Yoochun, and Kim Jaejoong, I wish people would focus more on discovering rookie talents like Shin So Yool, Kim Go Eun, or Yoon Jin Yi. Son Hyun Joo's award speech for his daesang really broke my heart.. It used to be definite that idols shouldn't be a part of dramas but people now talk as if a drama can't exist without one idol in it.. Please, let's use actors instead of idols. Real actors.
2. [+493, -11] I'd rather producers use rookie actors instead of idols
3. [+387, -11] I love her~~~ She's so cute and a great actress to boot~
4. [+35, -2] She's been a rookie so long because she doesn't have a sponsor. Celebrities with sponsors land several lead roles in a blink.
5. [+30, -14] I agree with the best replies. I seriously don't get how people can fangirl idols and praise them for their acting. Think about it objectively, are there any idols that are really good? None. Or is it that we have all lowered our expectations for them? Park Yoochun? Kim Jaejoong? Yoona? Suzy? Yuri? Look at it objectively, can you really say they act well? There's no doubt that idols are the best at what they do on stage but they're all poor actors. Stick them next to a real actor and it becomes evident just how much they suck ㅋㅋ
6. [+24, -9] Reply 1997 really did wonders for these actors
7. [+22, -1] There is a lot of criticism about the use of idols, but you have to think of it from the investor's perspective. You're investing with the expectation of receiving a profit return, so why would you gamble your investment on a rookie that may or may not do well when you have an idol that will guarantee you at least an average? People are so easy to talk because it's not their investment money that's at risk. If you really want change, you as viewers should set a precedent where taking chances on rookie actors can actually bring about good results, otherwise the industry will remain idol-focused..