Media Play: Boyfriend, Kim Sori


This has media play written all over it because if you read any of the Boyfriend posts that have been on NB, you'd know that the only hype Boyfriend's comeback ever got outside of their fandom was about having the same title as an H.O.T. song.

And all of the articles for this supposed 'controversy' use the same exact pictures, which means the company just sent it out as a PR with their own picture attachment, basically drumming up their own controversy for the sake of attention. The topic hovered in the top 5 for a few hours.

-

Article: Boyfriend 'I Yah' teaser controversy? Realistic school violence causes a stir

Source
: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+259, -29] They even used the same spelling as H.O.T.'s 'I YAH'... Did they really need to go that far?

2. [+182, -13] This wasn't the 'I YAH' I thought it was.... Clicked on the wrong article.

3. [+188, -24] "Causes a stir" my ass, I've never even heard of this group ㅋㅋㅋ

-

Article: Boyfriend's MV depicts realistic school violence... 'voices of concern'

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+33, -2] Pretty sure H.O.T.'s "Descendant of a Warrior" was the first Korean music video to depict school violence

2. [+28, -2] I went and saw the music video for you all in case any of you were curious. There is nothing violent about it so you don't have to watch it.

3. [+19, -4] Obvious ploy by the company to fake a controversy like this so people will view their music video... tsk tsk

-

And because it wouldn't be a media play article without Kim Sori, who ranked #1once again tonight.

-

Article: Kim Sori "I got sexier? I just wanted to get closer with the public"

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

1. [+177, -14] Kim Sori needs to get nervous ㅋㅋ Heard that the Naroho satellite will launch on the 25th. So who's going to rise faster, Naroho or Kim Sori? D-11 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I put my vote on Naroho

2. [+118, -28] Kim Sori-ssi, I notice that your articles keep coming up and you get all the hate for it. I think you need to see that if you want to approach the public in any way, you need to practice your singing first. Idols these days can handle all sorts of complex choreography with stable lives. And I suggest you go for a luxurious sexy image like Ivy if you don't want to end up like a sexy singer like Hyuna, who has to deal with sexually harrassive comments every day. You barely had any presence in Invincible Youth and you're not young anymore so you should work hard to create a better image for yourself... Just my two cents ^^

3. [+9, -1] Ever heard about Han Groo? She used to media play like you and pretend to be at the top of popularity in all of her articles but look where she is now? I think you're actually faring worse than her~

-