Article: Jung Hyung Don's 'Gangbuk Cool Guy' tops digital rankings 'trend'
Source: Economy Today via Nate
1. [+268, -58] Am I the only one that thinks it's better than SNSD's song?
2. [+167, -5] Burst out laughing at the featuring ㅋㅋㅋ Kangbuk Cool~~~ Guy~~ ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+158, -8] I love Dony hyung's song but Gil hyung's song is quite addicting too ㅋㅋㅋ
Article: Is 'Gangbuk Cool Guy' a song deserving of #1? Controversy over song quality brews
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate
1. [+829, -36] It's not like idol songs rank #1 because they're high quality either
2. [+678, -41] People are downloading it because they want to listen to it, what does quality have anything to do with it?? Ring ding dong ring ding dong ring digidingdigiding - is this quality to you?
3. [+503, -33] Is it some kind of law that songs must be high quality in order to rank on the charts? Then the chart rankings should be left to be determined by music judges. We just want to listen to what we like. Gangnam Style wasn't all that high quality of a song and it still ranked second on the Billboard. And how high quality is SNSD's new song to rank #1 on the moment of its release? I think that Gangbuk Cool Guy is completely deserving of its rank coming from one of the most popular variety shows of this country's generation. I don't know why people are so picky with rankings.
Article: Is 'Gangbuk Cool Guy' really a 'cool' song?
Source: No Cut News via Nate
1. [+926, -266] Departing from judging whether or not the song is perfect, I think that the song means so much more than quality because it comes from an entertainer doing his best and working hard to bring something joyful for his viewers and fans. The fact that he was able to make people laugh is reason enough.
2. [+844, -218] Even before the song was released, he asked viewers for understanding of his skill level. Why are people insisting on comparing this to other songs? He worked hard and if you had fun watching it, then all you need to say is that you had fun watching it.
3. [+789, -215] Why are you expecting so much from a person who's been learning songwriting for a year? Do you think people call Gangnam Style a hit song because it's really a high quality song? People are just happy to see Park Myung Soo reaching out for his dreams because he's like family to the viewers now. All of this hate over this song is so unnecessary. They did all they could with the amount of skills they had.