Article: 'Iris 2' After Kang Jiyoung's withdrawal, producers decide not to replace the character... A new male character created instead
Source: Newsen via Nate
Producers were going to cast another girl group member in place of Jiyoung but they decided to instead create a new boy character. They will be casting a male idol for the character.
1. [+363, -19] Just use a damn rookie actor already, why are they using another idol? And then they're going to go and whine about Infinity Challenge songs, these fu*kin idiots
2. [+296, -12] So after hearing people say they don't want a girl group member, they decide to go with a boy group member? Just stop using idols
3. [+304, -27] Cast Kwanghee as the male idol. He can speak informally to Jang Hyuk, piss him off, and die after he gets hit with sillicon.
4. [+29, -7] Lee Joon and Yoon Doojoon are more than enough idols for one drama... Whatever, I don't want any of them
5. [+28, -4] What about Kim Woo Bin
6. [+19, -3] There are tons of rookie actors but they are so determined to use an idol no matter what
7. [+16, -0] Basically admitted that the character isn't even necessary to the plot, they just want an excuse to throw in another idol
8. [+16, -6] Stop with the idols already!!!!!!!! I aspire to become a script writer and I'd be really pissed if I had to use an idol in my drama
9. [+15, -4] Good job leaving the show Jiyoung...
10. [+13, -0] They are seriously so obsessed with idols ㅋㅋㅋ If it's because they want to export it, isn't it already enough with two idols already??? Why are they so hell bent on sticking another idol in the place of an idol who already left???