Kim Young Kwang apologizes, but another body shaming interview is revealed


Article: Kim Young Kwang writes a letter of apology "I'm shocked at the misunderstandings that are being brought about over my controversy... I'm sorry"

Source:
TV Daily via Nate

-

"I'm sorry. This is Kim Young Kwang.

First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologize over the controversy that came up today over my interview. I'm sorry for disappointing those that have loved and supported me. Unlike my intentions, a part of my interview has brought about some misunderstandings that have both shocked and upset me.

I believe that my fans will think just as I have that there must be a misunderstanding after reading the articles released today. I will make sure that this doesn't happen again and that I don't disappoint or worry the fans that support me."

-

Clarification from the fashion editor that ran the interview: "There has been a misunderstanding. The conversation was held in a half joking half truthful manner. While transcribing his words, we had to cut out a part of his explanations to fit everything onto a limited number of pages. It seems people believe that Young Kwang-ssi discriminates people based on their physical appearance but if he was truly such a person that believed so, we would not have ran his response in our piece."

-

1. [+202, -3] What misunderstanding is he talking about when he said similar things in other interviews? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It seems he's been this kind of person all along

2. [+172, -5] So he said that he hated pathetic people and that he only liked pretty men or women as a joke? Wow, what an amazing person.

3. [+168, -5] Farewell

4. [+56, -0] What's really scary to me is that I can understand his preference for pretty people but it disgusts me that he deems anyone who is ugly as pathetic. How thoughtless.

5. [+46, -0] You said all your friends said that you were mean... Then you shouldn't have said those things...

-

There is another one of his older interviews (2008) floating around right now that just hit the media:

"I plan to continue advancing onto European stages, but my final hopes is to become an actor. Recently, I shot a music video with Shin Hye Sung and Lyn's for 'It's You'. I also played the role of a hitch hiker in the shopping mall '11th Street' CF. I broke up with my girlfriend last September. The reason? Why are you asking me that, it's embarrassing me. My ideal woman is someone who's smart and cute. Someone who dresses well according to each situation, but doesn't overdo it. What I think is ugly is when women with thick thighs and short legs wear skinny jeans. Or those that wear leggings and a miniskirt and sit with their legs spread open on the subway... I sincerely ask those people to stop."

-