So Newsen just released a report that's basically a compilation of random American netizen comments from an MTV article about Psy's anti-America song (give it to Newsen to think what Netizen Buzz does is anything job-worthy). I haven't been following the issue at all so can anyone tell me what the general sentiment is like over here?
Moreover, very few Psy articles have been ranking at all on this issue (like one or two a day) which is a surprise considering I usually see 5-10 on any random day. It seems like they're trying to make everything seem like it's going to be okay.
Article: American response to Psy's anti-America song "Freedom of expression, no need for apology"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+874, -51] They're so different from our country
2. [+760, -53] They're an advanced country for a reason. They're so different from us.
3. [+742, -37] American netizens: Freedom of expression, Korean netizens: Freedom of hate
The comments Newsen pulled were apparently from this article: PSY Apologizes for Anti-U.S. Protests in 2004
- ARTISTS ARE NOT POLITICIANS AND SHOULDNT HAVE TO APOLGIZE FOR EXPRESSING THEMSELVES
- NO ONE PUT A GUN TO HIS HEAD AND FORCED HIM TO APOLOGIZE
- Honestly, who cares? Sing and dance for me. Who you are and what you believe are irrelevant, you're here to perform a show
- If I was angry I probably would of done the same thing. It doesn't matter if hes sincere or not. He gave an apology for everyone to hear which not many people would even have the courage to do. Personally, many Americans are stupid, uneducated, and don't know whats really going in foreign policy so I understand why they wouldn't forgive him. He did nothing wrong. He spoke out of anger, which we all do. We're not perfect