Article: Will 'Don't Cry Mommy' become the second 'Dogani'?... Societal impact
Source: OSEN via Nate
The article compares the movie to 'Dogani' (if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it!) due to both plots dealing with the same societal issues, more specifically on criminals getting away with sexual assaults on teens due to Korea's unreliable judicial system.
1. [+974, -15] What were they thinking using Dongho's horrible acting for such an important movie like this ㅠㅠ This is a movie that everyone needs to watch but everyone around me said they had a hard time focusing because of Dongho.. I know some will say that it was our choice to watch it but if we're paying $8 to watch something, we'd rather watch good acting ㅠㅠ Anyway, this is really upsetting ㅠㅠ because I know that there will be people that won't watch it because of Dongho's acting
2. [+791, -11] "Ah. juh. ssi. Save. me." If someone was this horrible at acting, I'd kill them even if I had meant to save them initially. The movie failed because of Dongho.
3. [+782, -10] While watching the movie, I was so overcome with emotions, I cried, became surprised, grew enraged, frustrated... and then became speechless at Dongho's horrible acting... What in the world... "Save me"... I was speechless when he said those lines.. It's such a great movie, but who'd think that the actor would be the one to bring harm to it?
4. [+93, -2] There were so many times throughout the movie where Dongho messed up the flow of the plot. Even him smoking was so awkward and out of place;;;; anyway, Nam Bora is a great actress ㅠㅠ
5. [+92, -1] Everyone in the audience laughed whenever Dongho came out on the screen. Some were even imitating his horrible acting while laughing. It's a serious movie, but the impact of it wasn't delivered as powerfully because of Dongho. He was the worst person to cast.
6. [+84, -1] Dongho killed the movie ㅋㅋㅋ Seriously, horrible acting
7. [+69, -3] But the movie was so weird ㅠㅠ The story was weird and why was Dongho added to the cast... Does he think he's on Inkigayo?
8. [+66, -1] Wow, I never imagined that I'd laugh while watching a movie like this... The minute Dongho came on the screen, the audience started bursting into laughter one by one ㅋㅋㅋ And in the last scene where it's supposed to be serious, as soon as Dongho finished his line, the audience (it was a full house) all burst into laughter together -- Ah, what a waste of money.
9. [+66, -2] I've been waiting for the movie for a while and saw it the day it came out in theaters. Nam Bora did great with her role and I couldn't hold in my rage at the final decision that was placed. But the greatest fault of this movie... Why was Dongho cast? I focused very hard on the climax, but at Dongho's one line, the entire theater started laughing even though it wasn't a scene that you were supposed to laugh at... How upsetting...
10. [+54, -1] Dongho ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I had fun laughing at the movie thanks to you, Dongho ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ