Block B's Zico releases 'Battle Royal' from 'Zico on the Block 1.5'


I've been bracing myself all month long for jabs at their $7 scandal and whatnot, but I know that the worst is yet to come.

(Disclaimer: For those of you that still don't know, yes, Block B is my bias; I'm not ashamed to admit it. I assure you that that doesn't affect anything, though. I believe my translations are transparent and I stand by them 100%. I've never once rejected a request or vice versa for having a bias or manipulated the information I present for any purpose other than to share my knowledge with you, etc, so please don't hate me for that. I am one person behind this blog.)

-

Post: ZICO - battle royal from his new mixtape [zico on the block 1.5]

Source: Nate Pann

1. [+287, -6] His lyrics are basically a parody of the Battle Royale novel using the life of idols as inspiration. As opposed to saying he's GD's rival.. Honestly speaking, I think Zico is a level above GD in terms of skill. It's just that he's not very well known.

2. [+235, -5] Speaking from my point of view, I think that there isn't any other idol that is on Zico's level of rap skills, and that includes GD... (This is just my thought). And Zico on the Block was about how good he was so it seems that 1.5 will focus more on an emotional level of his growth after all of the hardships he went through ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Zico, do well!!!

3. [+227, -5] Block B's leader Zico is currently reflecting very hard. Block B will make their comeback on October 18th, so please watch over them. Do you wanna B? Block B!

4. [+40, -0] How many people could confidently say what he said through this song? Reality is that any content related to this would easily get rated 19+ or banned altogether. Block B will make their comeback soon which also means that people that don't know anything about the group will start to hate on them again. I know that Zico will hit it big despite it all, though. Block B reflected for a long time and matured so I hope to see them a lot on broadcast shows.

5. [+37, -0] Judging on just rap alone, Zico is above GD. GD is a prodigy when it comes to composing and producing, though.