I know political issues have no place in K-Pop, but it's important to Korea and to Korean netizens, so please keep that in mind before placing your own cultural views on another country's culture and calling them out for it. Dokdo Island is an especially sensitive issue.
Article: KARA "Dokdo is our land" was it that hard to say?
Source: Newsen via Nate
TN: The article basically bashes KARA for not being able to answer a reporter who had asked, "If you receive a question regarding Dokdo Island in Japan, how will you respond?" at their comeback showcase. The girls remaining silent and failing to say that "It's definitely Korea's land" enraged netizens.
1. [+1,673, -234] I can understand somewhat because you're promoting in Japan but don't forget that you're Korean singers. I want you to say it confidently the next time you're asked this.
2. [+1,447, -311] Do you like the Japanese that much? Are you that crazed for money? What was so difficult for you to say that our land is our land? It's because our public figures give unclear responses on stuff like this that the Japanese are running around claiming it to be theirs. WAKE UP.
3. [+1,300, -200] It's definitely our land so why can't you say it? Say it loud and clear, because the more unclear you are on this, the more they start to think it's theirs. Dokdo Island. Is. Our. Land!
The rest are a compilation of articles on their outfit controversy as per request by a reader.
Article: KARA "New song's point is our back exposure"
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+941, -168] The fact that both their front and back look like their back is the trap (TN: flat chested)
2. [+758, -149] It's nice that they took of their bodies but let's focus on raising our vocal skill level since they're singers and all...
3. [+440, -111] I just want KARA to stay cute..
Article: KARA, outfits deemed worthy of '15+ rating'
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+514, -103] Sorry, but their bodies are rated G
2. [+385, -109] I don't think this is right... Kind of disappointed ㅜㅜ
3. [+276, -67] Make sure to protect our Dokdo land~~ KARA, fighting~~^^
Article: "Looks like underwear"... KARA, 'sexually suggestive' outfit controversy
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate
1. [+538, -179] The level of exposure in the outfits among idol groups is getting more severe by the day, and as a man, I love it
2. [+334, -168] Love it~~~~
3. [+345, -232] Hm... It is a bit short, but it is an outfit meant for the stage so we shouldn't judge too harshly. Their comeback song sounded great and they all seemed to have worked hard. Fioghting...