77% of MZ generation would choose money over love

Article: When asked to choose between "your lover vs 290 million won" 77% of MZ generation chose the money

Source: Insight via Instagram

A variety show that pits engaged couples in various competitions for the chance of prize money to fund their upcoming weddings polled 300,000 MZ-aged viewers on choosing love versus 290 million won in money and found that 77% would choose the money.

-

[+276] Well, if you're not married yet, and they're just a boyfriend/girlfriend... isn't the right choice here to choose the money? And you can get back together after the show. 

[+72] I suppose it shows that marriage is only worth it if you're doing it with someone you wouldn't trade for any amount of money in the world! I married my husband when he was unemployed and it was because I felt like I was going to die if I couldn't see him. 

[+21] Unless you're married... it doesn't make sense to not choose the money

[+18] Whoever you're dating right now could leave you at any moment but 290 million won will sit right in your pockets no matter what. It will never leave you as long as you don't spend it. You can keep it saved until you meet someone you really want to marry and spend it then. 

[+12] MZ generation stuff aside, shouldn't your person always come first? Money's a necessity but you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you lose someone who is good for you. I think this is different if you have already met someone that you know is the one. You wouldn't want to hurt them. 

[+9] I choose my partner no matter what. I can always make 290 million won but it's not so easy to find your match in life. 

[+4] If you have 290 million won, I think you can get a new partner quite quickly

[+3] The answer would highly depend on who you're dating at the time...

[+1] I don't think this is an MZ generation thing. I think most people would choose the money. 

[+1] I don't know... I guess it depends on how precious my current partner is at the time?

[+1] You'd have to be an idiot to pick your partner over that kind of money

[+1] If this money was a real tangible thing that was actually going to be given out, I think 90% would definitely choose the money ㅋㅋ

-