'The Glory' finishes off in fanfare and praise

Article: Song Hye Gyo's revenge drama was a hit... Global #3 just a day into 'The Glory' part 2 release

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

1. [+721, -6] With people becoming increasingly sick of a society that continues to respect the rights of bullies, I think we're going to be seeing more and more choose to take up revenge on their own terms. A society is only as clean as the criminals it cleans up. Human beings will never fix themselves. They must be disposed of.

2. [+421, -20] Song Hye Gyo's ice cold acting really left an impression on me...

3. [+318, -9] The supporting cast was amazing! They truly shined.

4. [+318, -11] Dongeun's mother gave me goosebumps

5. [+128, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I spent the whole day watching it and have no regrets

6. [+108, -0] Uhm Hye Ran was also amazing!

7. [+75, -2] So it turns out that Dongeun's mother was the first bully of her life. There are plenty of mothers like her in real life as well. Mothers who choose to destroy the futures of their own children.

8. [+75, -6] Really happy to experience a new side to Song Hye Gyo's acting

9. [+54, -2] The drama made me feel bitter at times because it truly did feel like seeing the worst of humanity... but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I expect this to be as big of a hit as 'Squid Game'.

10. [+46, -2] Dongeun's mother's acting skills were so scary... to the point that I was almost too scared to even continue watching

11. [+45, -1] Felt so good to finally see Dongeun put her first bully in a mental hospital

12. [+48, -5] Not just Song Hye Gyo but all of the supporting cast members, bullies alike, were so amazing 👍

13. [+34, -1] Spent the whole day watching it. I hope that the drama serves as a little form of consolation to all the victims of bullying out there...

14. [+34, -4] Not one bad actor in sight!! Especially Kim Hieora's acting... the best!!

15. [+35, -7] Yeonjin's acting was just... so realistically good~

-

Source: Naver + Naver

1. [+141, -2] I hope that victims of bullying everywhere are able to get a revenge of their own...

2. [+86, -0] I hope that through 'The Glory', we can build a society with no bullying or school violence..

3. [+57, -4] I enjoyed watching Song Hye Gyo get her revenge but I'm actually looking forward to Lee Do Hyun's revenge... I'm actually so upset that it ended on an open ending.

4. [+37, -1] I personally preferred the first season but I'm satisfied with the ending because all the bad guys got what they deserved

5. [+34, -0] I hated Song Hye Gyo's mother the most

6. [+29, -1] Truly impressed with the world building in this drama. It did a great job of showing how connected we all are in the end... that even doing nothing and letting bullying go on under your watch will come back to get you. Taking care of one another, keeping an interest in each other's lives... will save someone and build your honor...

7. [+26, -0] I truly see Song Hye Gyo in a new light. She's displayed acting chops better than any melodrama she's been in.

8. [+25, -3] Loved that there were no frustrating plot points... She truly enacted her revenge without getting a drop of blood on her own hands. 

9. [+50, -1] I think this drama does more than just shed light on the issue of school violence. It shows who people are at their core. That we aren't only hurt by those in school, but by our families, friendships, jobs, society... Violence doesn't only hurt you in the form of a hair iron, but through words, anything. We may try to forgive and move on but I know that the desire to get revenge exists in us down deep. The drama allows us to vicariously feel what it would be like to choose revenge for once.

10. [+43, -6] Song Hye Gyo's facial expressions were amazing

11. [+29, -0] The writer's a genius...

12. [+11, -0] Just a perfect drama. Perfect until the very end.

13. [+4, -0] I went to bed at 4 a.m. because of this

14. [+4, -0] If you commit a crime, you need to be punished for it. Right? Death is not a punishment.

15. [+4, -1] Park Yeonjin really stole the show for me in part 2... Song Hye Gyo was amazing in part 1 but all I could see was Im Ji Yeon in part 2... even now, when I think back on the drama, I'm reminded of all of Im Jiyeon's lines and facial expressions...

-