Korean netizens touched to hear Japan still commemorates death of Korean man who saved fallen Japanese man on subway 22 years ago


Article: Japan still commemorates the memorial of a young Korean man who died while trying to save a fallen Japanese on the subway 22 years ago

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+698] I can't believe this happened 22 years ago......

2. [+674] He didn't only save a life, he breathed new warmth into icy Korean-Japanese relations at the time. I'm sure the Japanese also feel that it's only right that they memorialize him....

3. [+661] It was an important case that showed the love that's possible between humanity, beyond the boundaries of ethnicity

4. [+88] There's a movie about this titled '26 Years Diary'. I was studying in Japan at the time this happened and I remember it being all the buzz. I can't believe it's been 22 years now... he would be middle-aged if he was still alive. It's unfortunate what happened but I'll never forget to feel grateful for his sacrifice as well.

5. [+139] A man we should all learn from

6. [+15] Thankful for the Japanese who remember 👏👏

7. [+337] A lesson that shows negative relations between countries only benefit the politicians, not its people...

8. [+137] I remember seeing this accident on the news at the time... it's already been 22 years...

9. [+7] There's another movie inspired by it as well titled 'A Story of Yonosuke'. 

10. [+2] I know there's been a lot throughout history that Koreans and the Japanese will never be able to forget but this is an amazing story of the sacrifice of a Korean man and the Japanese people who make a point to remember him for 22 years. I give them props for that.

-