Song Minho pens a heartbreaking letter to his late father

 Article: Song Minho dedicates letter to late father "Were you too stingy to pay the 10 million won in hospital fees every month, what were you in such a rush for?"

Source: The Joongang via Naver

1. [+1,593, -15] We will never be able to fully understand his feelings but I think I can relate to the mixed emotions of being angry at a father who failed to fulfill his role but still missing them as a person...

2. [+661, -10] I can feel the many mixed emotions in his piece so deeply within my heart. Despite his young age, he spent such a long time playing the role of breadwinner for his family... and that alone is amazing enough. I hope that he's able to find comfort and happiness. 

3. [+238, -9] Don't blame yourself. Your father would want you to be happy! Take care of your heart, focus on yourself, enjoy the current, and feel gratitude for all that is precious in your life. Happiness is always subjective! There's no one right answer, it's all about how you choose to view it~

4. [+135, -2] I can see why he suffers from a panic disorder now. The burdens placed upon him at such a young age must've been too hard to bear. I know this is a sad period in your life but you can overcome it and come back to reality. When I heard him say that he felt anxious when he wasn't being productive, I could feel just how on edge he was, like he was being chased by something. Find strength.

5. [+113, -1] Unless you yourself have experienced being the caretaker for someone sick, you will never understand what they have had to go through. Hundreds of times a day, we struggle with the emotions of being filial and unfilial. No matter how well you take care of them, you are left with nothing but wounds in the end of it all. I understand, and I hope you come out of this with a happier heart.

6. [+90, -0] I can relate to the feeling of hating your parent but also missing them. We're only human, after all. I, too, had a selfish mother who I hated but also felt bad for. When the anger subsides, you're left feeling sorry and missing them. Life is just like that.. it all comes back and around. You will be left with regrets no matter what path you take in life, so choose to live life with hope rather than pessimism. 

7. [+83, -1] Song Minho took on the burdens of his family at a young age while taking care of his sick father... it's now time to focus on your own happiness. We can all hate and fight with our families but they are our source of strength. I pray that you will have days of happiness ahead of you.

8. [+83, -2] Such is the way of life. Parents leave their children who are left to struggle with their own regrets. We then pass on that same regret to our own children.

9. [+71, -1] Such an honest but heartbreaking letter

10. [+62, -2] You have had to take care of your family for over 10 years, paying 10 million won a month in hospital fees for your father... I know, it's been hard. You've done the best you could for your life so don't feel too sorry about your father. I'm sure that your father understood all that you did for him before he left! Let go of all of your struggles and live the rest of your life for yourself~~ we support you!! Song Minho fighting!!

11. [+58, -0] I hope that Minho-gun is able to overcome his panic disorder and live a normal life. I can feel the struggles he's had to endure these past 10 years. You've done all you had to do at such a young age. To suffer from panic disorders behind Winner, to fund your father's hospital bills of 10 million won a month... how hard was it all? Don't hurt yourself any more and heal so that you can sleep well at night. You've done great. Don't blame yourself.

12. [+54, -0] I didn't know that Song Minho harbored such pain within him. On the outside, I just thought he was another celebrity with a flashy life... I just want to say that you will miss your father even harder in a few years from now.. and continuing on in life will bring up painful memories of when you could've done better or when you said nasty things to him.. and it will force you to reflect.. so overcome your struggles now as best you can.

13. [+53, -0] How could words ever properly express the emotional struggle of children who are forced to take care of their families, our parents... to have to endure our stubborn parents who refuse to change, to one day realize that I am no different from them.. the resentment towards them that we feel.. the blame we put on ourselves for feeling that way...

-