Lee Seung Gi's past comments on money and happiness brought back to the spotlight after recent donation

 Article: Lee Seung Gi's thoughtful past statement returns to the spotlight "Money does not equal happiness, true happiness is about..."

Source: Money Today via Naver

"I grew up in a normal middle class house. Now, I may make less than what most think but I do make a lot more than the average person. Ever since I was little, I always thought about whether making the most money was what brought happiness, and it's still a thought I wonder about today. When I hear stories from the people around me who truly make a lot of money, they always say things like, 'I'm happiest when I eat delicious food while chatting with the people I love.' Hearing things like that assures me that while money may block hardships from your life, it doesn't necessarily bring happiness."

-

1. [+792, -7] Hook has been obsessed with the money aspect of this whole case from start to finish while Lee Seung Gi has suffered 18 years of abuse to his self esteem, and yet he still chose to donate the money they paid back. He is a completely different person than them. That money was made through his blood and tears and he still chose to take care of the less fortunate with it instead.

2. [+500, -3] Even chaebols struggle to give away 5 billion won like that... he's truly amazing

3. [+367, -2] I truly see him in a new light. No average person could do what he's done.

4. [+282, -9] To all of you in the entertainment industry.. please help Lee Seung Gi earn back the 5 billion won~ get him in some expensive CFs, it won't take many to get that back. A kind, amazing, beautiful soul like him... does not deserve to lose anything. Please hire him as your model~~~

5. [+87, -0] Who are his parents? How did they raise such an upstanding person. I feel so proud on their behalf.

6. [+80, -0] Lee Seung Gi's message with this lawsuit is not the importance of money but the importance of human dignity. He is smart. I'm sure he thought that if he continued to spend years just holding it all in, that his kindness and hard work would right all the wrongs in the end. He held on. Unfortunately, human evil only grows stronger when combined with money. I have a feeling that Lee Seung Gi was madder about the abuse of others around him than what he personally had to suffer. 

7. [+65, -1] He's still so young and yet has made such an amazing, big decision. An image to a celebrity is 90% of everything to them. That 5 billion won he gave in donation will come back threefold to bless him.

8. [+57, -0] I assure you, he will make over 50 billion won in his future

9. [+45, -3] So different from the other celebrities who buy up buildings and do nothing

10. [+41, -4] This is Lee Seung Gi, the same kid on '1N2D' who woke up early in the morning all by himself to make sure that his hyungs would be fed a warm breakfast. 

-