K-Dramas take over South East Asian streaming platforms


Article: "Is this a Korean or South East Asian paltform" 58 million viewers are crazy for K-Dramas

Source: Herald Economy via Naver

1. [+547, -9] I remember back when Hong Kong movies were sweeping across Asia and we'd go to the theaters just to watch them. Now it's K-Content that's sweeping not only Asia but the whole world. I hope Hallyu continues to be successful and that we are all proud to be South Korean passport holders anywhere in the world~

2. [+88, -5] I wonder if they truly find our media entertaining or if they're just watching because  K-Dramas are trendy. Seems like our content does really well in South East Asia no matter what.

3. [+75, -3] I never thought I'd see the day that Korean culture is exported like this~ it's amazing~

4. [+64, -20] This drama was so bad though ㅎ

5. [+6, -0] I really recommend this drama, though. I think anyone who works in an office can relate to it. It does feel a bit over the top at times... but that's the fun of watching dramas, isn' it~

6. [+4, -0] Our country also had a generation where we preferred movies from Hong Kong and American pop songs. Who knows if in the future a South East Asian country will create a worldwide phenomenon like 'Squid Game'~

7. [+3, -0] I have no idea why this drama did so poorly in our country when everything from the direction to the acting to the plot was perfect ㅠ I'm glad that it's doing well in South East Asia at least ㅎㅎ it must make the cast and staff who suffered for this feel happy

8. [+3, -1] We should be kind to the South East Asian people who enjoy our content and express our interest in their culture in return. I hope that our country is able to foster a strong cultural tourism industry like what Italy is to Europe. 

9. [+2, -0] It's scary how fast cultural content can catch on. It's so easily accessible for everyone.

10. [+2, -0] I'm not trying to act too prideful but I do find our content pretty enjoyable

-