Koreans continue to mask up despite end of outdoor mask mandate

Article: "Taking care of our looks" people still feel pressured into wearing masks outside 

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+205, -26] I wouldn't say people are still wearing it for looks ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's just still dangerous to take them off and it's become habitual for us at this point~

2. [+200, -18] Maybe some are still wearing it for looks but mask wearing has become habitual in our culture due to the fine dust from China every spring. It's honestly difficult to go out without wearing it, and I will continue to wear mine any time I have to go out.

3. [+174, -15] "Taking care of looks" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I don't think I've seen one person around me who wears one for that reason. People are just still nervous about the health risks + worried about being judged by others for not wearing one.

4. [+13, -5] People are worried about being judged, especially if everyone else is wearing one and they aren't

5. [+7, -0] I sometimes see someone not wearing theirs when I'm out but people with masks on will always stare at them

6. [+5, -0] I bet everyone will take theirs off once it gets hot enough. I see a lot not wearing theirs now and no one really says anything about it.

7. [+2, -0] Face masks have become a sort of real mask for people

8. [+1, -0] The uglies have had it good hiding behind masks, I can see why it's scary to have to take it off now..

-