Fromis 9's Lee Saerom under controversy for saying she's "bored to death" before live stream

Video: Idol from large agency caught during live stream being rude to fans (currently deleted footage)

Source: Sojang via YouTube

Fromis 9's Lee Saerom said during a live stream "I'm so bored (to death) of this, I want to go home fast"

1. [+342] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her true feelings got caught. If you're so bored of this, then go retire. How comfortable will you be then?

2. [+295] There's evidence of this and it's undeniable that she said... I don't think even a fan could shield this...

3. [+468] She got to being an idol through rigged means, why is she acting like this...

4. [+130] So a clarification statement has been released but it sounds really forced. They claim she said she "was bored to death of this" because they've been in quarantine and haven't been able to go out, and that she "wanted to go home fast" because she wanted to get back to their dorms. There are a few things weird about this clarification, first being that they were in quarantine in the past but she spoke of being bored in the present tense. Second, they claim that she wanted to go home because she was bored of quarantine but then why would you want to go back to where you were quarantining if you were bored of it? Third, you can tell that that's not what she meant at all by the way the vibe of the room got cold and quiet and that Lee Nakyung and Song Hayoung had to tell her that they were live. If she just apologized for what she said, then I bet her dumb male fans would've continued shielding her and let the issue die but the clarification only proved that she meant what she said ㅋㅋ But I guess there's nothing more to expect from an idol who rigged her way to the top and has a fandom full of dumb men who refuse to look or hear of the truth?

5. [+171] I can maybe see that she said "I'm bored to death" about something else because we don't know what they were conversing about on their own but wanting to "go home fast" is hard to excuse when you're in front of your fans. I get that celebrities get tired too but you should stil treat your fans with consideration and respect. Her saying all of this together just means that she's tired of interacting with her fans, and that's difficult to shield.

6. [+82] I'm more surprised that they have fans at all who watch these lives...

7. [+201] Is there any celebrity who is genuine when interacting with their fans? ㅜㅜ

8. [+60] What I find funny to notice is that the other members have been on V-lives often so they know that there's a delay and are ready for it but Lee Saerom barely streams once a year for her birthday so she wasn't aware and kept talking to herself...

9. [+192] I don' know how she can say this stuff in good conscience when she took a spot from victims who lost their chance due to the show being rigged

10. [+57] And this is why you should never love a celebrity to the point of dedicating your life to them...

11. [+97] Hearing her say this so nonchalantly makes me wonder if the other members share her feelings too?

12. [+37] I've never seen a celebrity who treated their fans like this end up doing well. All of the superstars like IU and BTS are always so good to their fans. Even if we'll never know what they're really thinking on the inside, they'll never let it be known like this on the outside...

13. [+20] Her idol position was stolen from another trainee anyway, no? If she's this bored after stealing her way to this position, then just quit...

14. [+18] She's the last popular member anyway so I doubt this will impact the group much

15. [+57] Right as the group was on the rise, she's dropping their image right down

16. [+135] Why did they have to transfer to Hybe at all and taint Hybe's image like this;;;;

17. [+147] This can't be shielded

18. [+34] I think people are overreacting... if this is considered controversial, then I know a lot of male idols who should be retiring right now ㅋㅋ

19. [+111] If you're that bored, then just quit;;;; I hope your career can take a nice long break forever ^^

20. [+39] She just got unlucky with the live starting right as she talked about being bored. I bet you there are a lot of idols who say worse things off camera.

-

Article: Fromis 9's Lee Saerom clarifies controversial V app statement

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

1. [+361] It's the perfect situation for fans to misunderstand what she meant. If she truly didn't mean it, she must feel that this is unfair.

2. [+323] It's good to clarify these things right away. I wish other idols would clarify things as soon as scandals erupt..

3. [+261] Well... we think the same things when we're at school or at our part-time jobs... I didn't get the feeling that she was putting down her fans when she said that.

4. [+20] Enough now ㅜㅜ our Saerom unni has clarified everything so please stop bringing this up ㅜㅜ

5. [+1] Honestly, even if she meant to say it in the controversial way, haven't we all thought "I want to go home" when we're at school or work? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+29] What's so wrong with wanting to go home anyway

7. [+31] I think I've said "I'm bored to death" at least 30 times in quarantine...

8. [+3] I understand what she meant. I'm always bored to death and wanting to go home when I'm at my part-time job too.

-