Older female viewers find inspiration in more TV shows featuring older celebrities





Article: The unnis have shown me that life can be fun even with older age!

Source: Han via Naver

1. [+562, -14] As an older woman, I agree with the article. The generation of people in their 60s continues to grow and I continue to try to find a meaningful way of living life and look to others to source ideas. I have found that it's important to try new things and to find energy within myself.

2. [+371, -72] I like the article ^^ showing my support as I hope for more TV shows with older women on them

3. [+191, -13] As we get older, we realize that life isn't so easy breezy anymore. The tighter things get, we need to throw away our sense of rush and greed and give ourselves some breathing room so we can continue looking forward to tomorrow~~~!!!

4. [+138, -12] 'Live Together' is a great show, it warms my hart when I watch it

5. [+123, -1] Um Jung Hwa has hit the top in both the music and movie industries. She's amazing.

6. [+60, -4] I understand wanting to view these shows with the hope of finding joy and support in them but I think it's unrealistic to portray their lives as something the regular woman can achieve. They have enough wealth to carry them as either divorcees or people who choose to live alone, and the network to back their decisions up. There are too many restrictions in the real world for the average woman to think "I can live like that" so it isn't realistic to view their lives as an accurate representation of their age group.

7. [+58, -3] The women on TV are wealthy... most ajummas their age in the real world are either working minimum wage jobs or labor work to put food on the table. How can women watch this and feel inspired??

8. [+56, -2] Their lives are possible if you have money...

9. [+35, -0] Sure, youth is shiny and pretty, but if I had to trade the sense of stability I feel now for youth, I would gladly say no. Aging is not a crime, and I hope that we stop putting others down for their age.

10. [+35, -1] Um Jung Hwa is not just an 'older singer' but a legend in her own right. Isn't the bigger issue here that a legend of her age no longer has a place on our TV shows? We have music shows all week long filled with nothing but idols. Why have we not gotten to see a legend like her on one of these music shows yet?

11. [+29, -0] Aging for the average woman is a sad process... The women on these TV shows are wealthy and either don't have children or do have them and are at a wealth level where they can pursue whatever they want. Reminds me of a heartbreaking thing my grandmother said, that getting old without money is just a tragedy.

12. [+15, -1] Getting older has made life more fun for me. When you're young, you don't have the money or experience to taste how sweet life can be. You just think that because you're young, that these are the best years of your life. But now that I'm getting older, I'm seeing how life can truly be fun. I don't have to make a big deal out of anything, I can just be and feel the meaning in life just as it is.

-