Sooyoung talks about overcoming her roots as a singer in acting




Article: [Interview] Sooyoung, "Originally being a singer is a wall I have to climb on my own as an actress.. like Im Siwan and Do Kyungsoo"

Source: Sports Chosun via Naver

1. [+916, -137] It's just weird to me that her acting and looks are both not lead worthy but she keeps getting roles

2. [+732, -33] I don't care much for idols but when I first saw Do Kyungsoo and Im Siwan in their dramas, I thought they were rookie actors..

3. [+360, -177] Well no one expected Hwang Jung Eum to be as successful as she is now. I hope Sooyoung-nim will work hard and do well too.

4. [+361, -227] Sooyoung's acting is pretty good, and she has a great career as an SNSD member as well. She hasn't had any scandals all this time and I find that amazing.

5. [+138, -19] Sooyoung is definitely not lead worthy

6. [+93, -6] Why does she keep getting lead roles when her acting and looks are bad?? I can't focus on the drama because of her...

7. [+67, -11] I wouldn't call Sooyoung a singer, just an SNSD member

8. [+70, -19] She's from a wealthy family. And it's not like she got famous in Soshi for her singing skills or looks... she was just one out of the nine. I don't remember much from her other than her variety work. Did anyone actually ever fall for SNSD through Sooyoung?

9. [+49, -0] At least she knows that Im Siwan and Do Kyungsoo are good. Something about their gaze is just different..

10. [+55, -10] She needs to work on her tonality... I seriously couldn't stand her in her drama

11. [+48, -4] Makes you realize how powerful the SNSD name is when Sooyoung's face or skills aren't even worthy as a lead but she keeps getting these roles.

12. [+37, -0] Her face just wasn't meant for acting. She's ugly.

13. [+49, -15] Honestly... doesn't have the looks to take on lead roles....

14. [+33, -0] It's funny to me that she always takes romcom roles when she's not pretty. She's at most perfect for the lead's friend.

15. [+36, -4] I understand Taeyeon calling herself a singer but doesn't Sooyoung feel embarrassed calling herself a singer like this?

-