Kim Jong Un and Ri Sul Joo head back north




Article: Kim Jong Un and Ri Sul Joo return to the North... "Let's meet again"

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+735, -78] It still feels like a dream. Watching it all happen live gave me goosebumps. I never thought we'd see something like this in our own lifetime but not only is it happening but we might even live to see the end of the war ㅋㅋㅋ Once the war ends and we achieve peace, the first thing I want to do is visit the north to eat 'naengmyun' and visit all the historical sites that I read about in our history books. Then see my late grandmother's hometown.

2. [+731, -65] We picked such a great leader. I'm sure it's hard but I hope he stays alert and operates all of this safely. Please be healthy ㅜㅜ

3. [+532, -64] The achievement of Kim Dae Joong, Noh Moo Hyun, and Moon Jae In

4. [+21, -9] The most memorable part of today was when Moon Jae In took a step up to the north and Kim Jong Un grabbed Moon Jae In's two hands. That scene touched my heart. I know we always have to be careful and cautious but I could feel the sincerity in that moment when so many things could've gone wrong.

5. [+20, -9] I didn't think I'd feel anything but all of this is making me tear up ㅠㅠ We've been apart for half a century but we were one all along ㅠㅠ

6. [+16, -0] Hopefully Kim Jong Un has come to realize that instead of living in fear of being assassinated while making nuclear threats, that peace is achievable through words and that a new world is waiting for him.

7. [+14, -4] I'm still wary because you never know when they'll turn on us but I have trust in all of this thanks to President Moon!

8. [+14, -4] Kim Jong Un is not anyone we should be thinking light of. He beat out the cut throat competition of power and managed to stand in line after Kim Jong Il.

-


Article: First Lady Kim Jung Sook hugging Ri Sul Joo

Source: Newsis via Nate

1. [+714, -55] She looks like a mother seeing her daughter off after a quick visit home

2. [+618, -41] Sincerity will always cut through anything

3. [+579, -47] They both match so well, like they purposely coordinated their outfits together ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+33, -9] The first lady is so elegant and pretty

5. [+24, -12] This made me tear up ㅠㅠ feels like a scene out of a dream ㅠㅠ I hope we can unify soon and work on mending the pain of half of a century ㅠㅠ

6. [+24, -8] Their outfits remind me of the Taegukgi ㅠ how true that this moment wells up inside of you

7. [+22, -8] She's really hugging her like her own daughter ㅠㅠ our first lady is so classy, so elegant ㅠㅠ so proud of her...

8. [+13, -6] In the end, all of this is much better than doing nothing at all

-


Article: 'Naengmyun' being delivered from the North

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+987, -34] I remember reading another comment where if we received naengmyun, we should be sending back marinated fried chicken, that's the way to peace ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+838, -73] Imagine eating a bowl of naengmyun in Pyongyang and then going out camping at the Kaema Plateau (highland in NK) and then taking a North Korean route to Paektu Mountain... Hopefully all of this will be possible soon

3. [+682, -29] Korea is nothing if not the country of fast delivery

4. [+24, -4] Hoping for the day that we can yelp for delicious restaurants in Pyongyang

5. [+23, -3] Imagine a day when we can take a train all the way to Europe!

6. [+18, -2] I really wonder how delicious North Korean naengmyun is... it looks good in pictures but what does it taste like...

7. [+11, -8] I tried it in China, it's actually not that good

8. [+9, -2] If Kim Jong Un ever got a taste of our fried chicken, he'd fight for peace immediately

-