BTS V's 'manner hands' or 'hover hands'?



Article: BTS V shows 'manner hands' to a female reporter hugging him in a revealing dress

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

1. [+789, -62] I'm so sick of the concept of manner hands ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+633, -78] I do sometimes think that maybe manner hands aren't really manner hands because I'm sure if I was this woman and I was a big fan and getting this hug, I'd want my favorite star to hug me back tight.

3. [+45, -3] Foreigners call this 'hover hands' and treat you like you're a loser if you do it. Unfortunately, Koreans will accuse you of sexual harassment if you don't so I get why he is using manner hands.

4. [+34, -0] BTS has such good character

5. [+34, -8] The concept of manner hands only exists in Korea ㅋㅋ foreigners don't care about touch of this level at all

6. [+33, -8] Americans make fun of you if you place your hands like that ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+30, -9] To foreigners, these manner hands might not be manner hands... the woman might misunderstand and think he's trying to avoid her

8. [+26, -2] It's just a difference in culture. In our society, we're super sensitive to men touching women so it's better not to touch at all in public ways. He was probably also taken aback by the surprise hug.

9. [+23, -3] I noticed the BTS members are super careful about touching women on screen ㅋㅋㅋ it's cute ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+20, -4] I think manner hands are great, it's a limit that isn't crossed. Foreigners think it's rude? Well it's not like V is a foreigner, he grew up on Korean traditions.

-