BtoB's Peniel confesses his struggles with extreme hair loss


Article: BtoB's Peniel "I've been getting treatments for hair loss for the past 5 years... 70% of my hair is gone"

Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+297, -9] He's very honest. It's a hard confession to make, especially as an idol. He seems like a good guy, I support you ㅜ

2. [+266, -7] I had assumed that he liked his head shaved so he kept it shaved but it was actually a concern unbeknownst to us ㅠㅠㅠ it's something hard to confess as an idol and I'm sure he went through a lot of heartache over it. You look great as you are now so don't be stressed over it, Peniel. Fighting!

3. [+235, -8] He's handsome without hair though... how honest of an idol. BtoB is so easy to like, every member of them.

4. [+22, -4] Hair loss is something that's hard to confess even to your closest friends... I applaud his bravery.

5. [+18, -4] He looks way more charming without his hat~ Don't worry about it and go out as you are!!!

-


Article: BtoB Peniel reveals bald head for the first time "I've reached a point where treatments are impossible"

Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+131, -2] If he began treatments at 19 years old at a time where he was preparing to become an idol, then it must've been really worrisome for him. Especially working amidst other idols who are constantly dying their hair in all colors of the rainbow... I don't know much about idols but I'll try to take more of an interest in him and his songs.

2. [+96, -2] I'm a man and my hair loss isn't as significant as his yet but I understand how he feels. Every time I look in the mirror, it feels as if there's less and less hair and I have to be super careful when I wash it ㅠㅠ Everyone around me tells me not to be stressed about it but it's not something that someone who hasn't gone through it will ever understand. In a society as obsessed with looks as ours, and especially having to work with other idols, I can't imagine how jealous he must've felt of their hair ㅠㅠ

3. [+51, -1] But he's handsome even without hair... he has a pretty head shape.

4. [+6, -0] He has a pretty head shape

5. [+5, -0] His hair loss seems more of a result of stress than genetics. Aigoo, sad that treatments aren't helping anymore. For a celebrity reliant on his looks to make money, it's quite worrisome. I hope now that he's confessed to it and revealed it to the world, he feels a bit less burdened over it.

-