Parents feel deprived watching child variety shows?


Article: The bitter feelings of an average parent watching child variety shows

Source:
News 24 via Naver

Article talks about how parents are feeling bitter and deprived from watching child variety shows like 'Superman' and 'Dad!' because they present an unrealistic depiction of child rearing to the average family. Parents can't just get up and take their kids on expensive trips or buy them expensive toys since they're often too busy working. Parents feel inadequate as a result.

1. [+15,202, -487] I did indeed think those things while watching..

2. [+12,307, -263] How lucky it must be to be a celebrity... you can spend time with your kids and make money at the same time. Although I'm sure every job comes with its pains..

3. [+11,436, -232] I really am jealous that they get to make money while spending time with their kids

4. [+10,632, -197] Article's true, the varieties show a fantasy... your average family couldn't live like them.

5. [+8,163, -180] Yup, I thought those things...

6. [+2,584, -143] Viewers are already reminded of the difference when they start the show by the panning of their luxury apartments.

7. [+2,222, -86] I do indeed feel deprived when I see their large homes and expensive toys

8. [+1,912, -75] Before I got my job back, I enjoyed the shows for checking out new toys and watching the kids grow up but like the article says.. I don't watch it anymore. I'd rather play with my own kid in that time. I want to take my kid out on strawberry picking trips but I'm just a poor parent who can't even pick up the expensive strawberries at the supermarket ㅎㅎㅎㅎ Anyway, let's all get back to work.

9. [+1,951, -278] As someone who is the same newlywed parent raising a child, I feel so sad and pathetic when I see the triplets run around in a living room as large as a soccer field and in expensive clothes while I have to tell my kid not to run inside our small house and can't buy them yummy expensive things.. You can't really comment "triplets cuties" in a situation like that ㅜㅜ

10. [+1,455, -67] I agree. As the father of two children, having to watch what's impossible to do in real life doesn't make me live vicariously through them but rather instills a sense of deprivation...

-