Sunhwa discusses the difficulties of being a celebrity, netizens beg to differ


Article: Han Sunhwa reveals the pains of being an idol "I wanted to go to a mental hospital at one point"

Source: TV Daily via Nate

"It seemed like I was living in a vicious circle because all I ever did was get styled at the salon and attend schedules. I know that I should be grateful but I began to question, 'Am I a machine?' There was even a time I wanted to go to a mental hospital. I started working in society at an earlier age than my peers, and working in society means that you have to laugh and smile even to those that you hate. You have to know how to be both a child and an adult, and it was difficult for me."

1. [+337, -31] But as much as it is hard, they make an astronomical amount of money so easily... That's what your career's all about. That's how Goo Hara owns a building at such a young age in Cheongdamdong. Kang Ho Dong once said that exposing yourself is not only the career of a celebrity but your duty because no one's forcing you to do it, it's a career you chose, and you earn so much money in exchange for that... If it's that hard, you can come back to being a non-celebrity any time you want. No one's stopping you.

2. [+289, -21] I don't feel all that bad for her because it's a career she chose and she gets paid a lot for it. Aside from the absolute minority, we live in a world where every single person faces difficulties making ends meet every single day. Pitying her is up to you, but don't hate on her.

3. [+300, -56] Idols are always saying that it's so hard to the point of death... but I honestly don't understand... Non-celebrities could work their entire lives and never save $100,000 but they make that much in just a few event performances.

4. [+71, -1] Then do something else. I feel like celebrities complain way too often. They get to make so much money at a young age and it's just so funny to me to see them complain about crap like this on TV. Did they not know that this was what being a celebrity was about? Let's see if she still says crap like this when she has to find a different job and see how well she does

5. [+62, -1] But Sunhwa, do you know? Non-celebrities could never even dream of earning a percentage of the money you guys take for granted. Everyone works day to day under enough stress to be put in mental hospitals.

6. [+56, -3] Do you think complany employees don't have it hard either?

7. [+49, -1] Leave the celebrity industry then if it's so hard

8. [+47, -1] She did all sorts of sh*t to get popular on Invincible Youth and now that she's a bit out there, she says she wants to live normally, what the heck

9. [+41, -3] What a load of bullsh*t, all I see is someone with a full tummy talking a load ungrateful crap. How do you think you make the amount of money that non-celebrities could never even dream of making in their life times? Too much rehearsals? Do you think non-celebrities aren't putting in any effort into their own lives? Stop complaining. Your job is to sell yourself as a product. Don't start complaining when you knew what it was about going into it. So brainless...

10. [+38, -1] Everyone lives like a hamster in a cage. Everyone could save their entire lives and never be able to earn enough to buy their parents a home worth hundreds of thousands or a store in Gangnam. I can see what she's saying but I don't feel bad for her at all considering she's a celebrity.

-

* I know you guys are probably all waiting for the Sooyoung news but half of Korea is still waking up so give them time to respond... and stay on topic until then.

-