Song Hye Gyo's 'The Glory' earns rave reviews

Article: Song Hye Gyo's 'K-Revenge' is a hit

Source: Han via Naver

1. [+695, -33] I watched up to the 6th episode. I really struggled with the first episode because I could relate to so much of what was going on that I was just drenched in rage and sadness. Sure, the bullies were upsetting, but I was angrier with the adults for watching all this happen and not doing a thing about it. I hope this doesn't happen in real life... I truly hope that there isn't an adult in real life who would watch a child suffer like this and turn a blind eye...

2. [+484, -40] I'm enjoying seeing Kim Eun Sook and Song Hye Gyo do something outside of their usual comfort of melodramas

3. [+270, -18] Her new character is really different, I can't wait to see her take revenge

4. [+251, -13] The child actors are super believable with their swearing ^^

5. [+192, -10] I much prefer Song Hye Gyo like this 100 times over. Showing her wrinkles, letting her age shine through instead of remaining obsessed with blurry filters and looking pretty. Her face is beautiful as it is, she never needed blurry filters to look good. I cried so hard when she showed her wounds on her arms and legs to her senior in the sixth episode... I wanted to give her a hug.

6. [+123, -2] School bullies need to be branded with a scarlet letter and made to feel embarrassed for generations upon generations

7. [+91, -5] I was honestly going to avoid this drama because the plot felt a bit dark and not what I'm usually into but I had to watch for Kim Eun Sook and it's totally caught mya ttention! The actors are all talented as well. It's just so good, I can't wait for part two ㅠㅠ

8. [+89, -7] I like the drama but it takes me out of the moment when she calls Lee Do Hyun 'senior'..

9. [+77, -5] I was wondering what caused Song Hye Gyo's drastic weight loss and now I see that her character suffered from malnutrition. I hope she eats well after the drama's over ^^

10. [+83, -13] I wish Song Hye Gyo would amp up the more evil, unhinged aspects of her character, something more like Shim Eun Ha. I know it's unfair to compare but there's a reason her character is still brought up today and it's because she toed the line between innocence, sympathy, evil, and rage so perfectly. You could see the poison in her eyes... Song Hye Gyo has been perfect with her depiction of seeming pitiful and needing of sympathy but she's a bit weak when it comes to depicting more of the evil aspects of her character. Either way, I'm still enjoying it (and I'm trying to pace myself to savor it longer).

11. [+65, -3] I fell asleep at 4 am while watching this last night... I slept two hours before work and all I could think about all day was getting off work as quick as possible to watch the next episode...

12. [+68, -10] To all of you complaining about her fading looks, let's see what your skin looks like when you hit your forties. I find her beautiful for embracing her age without photoshop. Every feature on her face was born beautiful. I spent all day watching her drama yesterday because I couldn't stop, I was so in my feels about how badly I felt for Moon Dongeun. The cast is doing a fantastic job, and if there's one criticism I have for this drama, it's why season two is being released at the end of March ㅜㅜ

13. [+58, -2] It was a drama that I couldn't help but watch all eight episodes in one sitting. When's the next?

14. [+83, -29] She was fantastic in this drama... I fell for her so hard the entire time I was watching, I found no flaws

15. [+56, -3] I started watching without expectations and ended up spending my entire weekend finishing it. Every cast member is so perfect and fun. I don't think I can wait until March, though, so please release it earlier!

-